PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have posted this before but here it goes again. When i take off hard on the bike and get to the top of the rpms and get ready to shift it'll start sputtering. It's hard to explain but i lose all power when i hit this....i'm pretty sure it' snot the rev limiter if that's what your thinking because i've never had this happen before and it was running fine before. I figured it may be the jetting but i went up from a 175 to a 190 and then down to a 165 and now it wont start at all with the 165 in it. I've cleaned the carb 2 times now and i'm out of ideas. Has anyone else had this happen before or go tany idea what's wrong. If i sucked something into the motor then it wouldn't start or run at all right?

Please help i'm out of ideas.

If it helps i'm running a tb143 with racehead and mikuni vm26 carb

and i'm in Palestine, Texas...about an hour away from Tyler

If you can help me i appreciate it!

·
Registered
698 Posts
gilbert383 said:
I have no idea how to do any of that...can someone give me a idea how

One way would be to find a friend and swap out parts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont know...it wouldn't be the coil if it runs bad the whole time would it?...how would it be the kill switch if it'll run just not with that jet setting....and then the ground would also make it not run right

·
Registered
204 Posts
had the same thing happen twice! both times it was the cdi box. whould run fine untill you wrapped it up tight. one of them was stock and the other was a procom brand. i would try a known good box and see.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the same problem have posted about it a few times but have no time to work on it right now. I built my 143 race head ran good for a day then was good untill hot a few times now as soon as I fire it up its not to good atleast last I rode but havent had it out in a bit. I tried a friends coil and a friends cdi. I do think its electrical still though have a feeling its a ground but havent looked. think yours is the same

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.