PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to ship my 150r from scottsdale arizona to washington. if it was a pibike, i would just tear it down and put in a couple boxes but i want to keep it together. What would be the cheapest way to get it there and how?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If you crate it I am sure I can help you get it shipped at a very good rate,, but it would need to be either crated, of tied down on a pallet and then covered,, box it then wrap it with shrink wrap etc.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
I have shipped a 250f. What I did was built a wooden crate with eyelets for tiedowns, Then I shipped it with a freight company (we do get a special rate though) it was $350.00 from CA to NY, plus about $45.00 in wood to build the crate.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend owns a golf cart business so i can get like a pallet from him. Do i just tie down it onto the pallet and cover with shrink wrap or is there more to it?

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Im to PRO said:
My friend owns a golf cart business so i can get like a pallet from him. Do i just tie down it onto the pallet and cover with shrink wrap or is there more to it?

you can do it that way but the downside to it is the bike is not protected at all.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Staggs Racing said:
you can do it that way but the downside to it is the bike is not protected at all.

do you think i could put the bike on the pallet and tie it down then built a box frame around it with some wood? That sounds like it would be much easier than builting a crate from scratch

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Im to PRO said:
do you think i could put the bike on the pallet and tie it down then built a box frame around it with some wood? That sounds like it would be much easier than builting a crate from scratch

yeah that would be a good idea.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just ship a CR500 rolling chassis (that I had for sale). For the Crate- I just Went to my local dealer and asked for a Original bike Shipping box. Luckily for me- they (the dealer) were just about to assemble a CRF230L for the floor. I was able to get all the hardware, and the crate wrapping for free!

I believe the buyer used Yellow freight for the shipper...?

Of course it wasn't a total shoe in... Need a little creatatvity...

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I am sure Staggs can help you out,,

We also have helped a number of people ship their bikes as we ship in volume and get great shipping rates.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good idea about the crate from honda. Ill run by there tomorrow and see if they have anything that could work.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
i tried to ship a bike on a pallet tired down and plastic wrapped the shipper would not accept the risk of damage .

you will have to build or find a crate to ship it in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts