PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ship my 150r from scottsdale arizona to washington. if it was a pibike, i would just tear it down and put in a couple boxes but i want to keep it together. What would be the cheapest way to get it there and how?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
If you crate it I am sure I can help you get it shipped at a very good rate,, but it would need to be either crated, of tied down on a pallet and then covered,, box it then wrap it with shrink wrap etc.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
I have shipped a 250f. What I did was built a wooden crate with eyelets for tiedowns, Then I shipped it with a freight company (we do get a special rate though) it was $350.00 from CA to NY, plus about $45.00 in wood to build the crate.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend owns a golf cart business so i can get like a pallet from him. Do i just tie down it onto the pallet and cover with shrink wrap or is there more to it?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Staggs Racing said:
you can do it that way but the downside to it is the bike is not protected at all.

do you think i could put the bike on the pallet and tie it down then built a box frame around it with some wood? That sounds like it would be much easier than builting a crate from scratch

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just ship a CR500 rolling chassis (that I had for sale). For the Crate- I just Went to my local dealer and asked for a Original bike Shipping box. Luckily for me- they (the dealer) were just about to assemble a CRF230L for the floor. I was able to get all the hardware, and the crate wrapping for free!

I believe the buyer used Yellow freight for the shipper...?

Of course it wasn't a total shoe in... Need a little creatatvity...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.