PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
? on tire size. Iwas given 2 new 3.5x10in street tires. I have douglas rims. The ? I have is are they 2 big and can I use 2.75 tubes or do they have to be bigger? I got them for free but I keep hearing not to use them and go w/ a 3.0. I have a extended 3in sik 50's swingarm by the way. Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow. Don't run tubes in your Douglas. Buy a set of tubeless vavlestems from a parts store and put them in. Make sure they are not the pull through kind, and they are like only 5 bucks. As for the tires. 5 of our guys run the same Douglas rims with IRC 80/90x10 MB38. They cost normally with shipping 20 bucks. You can run the 3.00 on them, but the 80/90x10 are much easier to bead and cheaper, plus they cut great circles... If you are stunting this fiddy, leave the stock swingarm on it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a race bike turned stunt. I don't even have the stock swingarm anymore. Circles, HC's, Special K's no prob w/ the swingarm but tired of the knobbies! I was just quoted 24.99 + 12.00 shipping for the IRC 80/90x10in. Worth IT?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I see. If you like the swinger you have, stay with it. As for where to get the IRC's from. I think all of our guys get them from JC Whitney. I think shipped on average is normally under 40 bucks for 2 of them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
StlSrt4 said:
Not to jack the thread, but when your running tubeless on the Douglas wheels what kind of pressure are you runnin?

It's all rider preference. I like it to be a little low, but not flat. It all depends on what feels good to you. Seems the harder the tire, the better the circles, and the lower it is, the better it is for straight line slow stuff. The idea is to find somewhere in the middle...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Check your local dirt bike shop or honda shop for IRC tires..

mine carries them for $15 a piece, no shipping, no waiting!

In fact, even in my smallish town (100k pop) 3 of our shops carry the IRC mb-38's in stock!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.