PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant figure this out for the life of me...

Picked up a 109cc kit to replace the current 90cc (Piranha) that im running now...

Problem is. no matter what i do the piston can not make a full rotation and the cam chain is about quater inch too short.... this is with the Head on (E22) head off there is no problem....

Ive tried all kinds of variations on installing this... stacked gaskets that worked but it made the cam chain even shorter...

Installed the 90cc jug and e22 head back on like it was before (stock). piston is able to make a full rotation! cam chain is still a hair to short but it will fit on the cam with a bit of work..

ANYONE have any suggestions?

or was there a tiny miss calculation somewhere in the measurements of this kit being made?

Or am i just that stupid and missing something.

·
Banned
1 Posts
You remove #13, to release the tensioner? Either that, or the horizontal bolt below the stator cover, if it has one, to release the hydraulic pressure.

Might need both base gaskets, which there should be room for, if the chain is loosened.

Worst case, the piston can be shortened a bit around the edge of the dish.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Flip em over, Ty. See if the gasket-to-gasket distance is the same.

You remove #13, to release the tensioner? Either that, or the horizontal bolt below the stator cover, if it has one, to release the hydraulic pressure.

Might need both base gaskets, which there should be room for, if the chain is loosened.

Worst case, the piston can be shortened a bit around the edge of the dish.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it worked when i stacked the gaskets..... didnt know if that was a wise idea..

i used to do it on my 2 stroke motor for my baja.. .worked fine but this is MUCH higher compression.. Same horspower.. Yes my small 30.5cc baja motor puts out the same Hp as this BIG beast...

ill try your suggestions....

should i stack them at the base of the jug?? would be best would it not as there is no compression down there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts