PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that nut that needs a spanner wrench inside the cover of the oil slinger on a gpx 160. are the threads reversed ? should i hit it with some heat or what? i got the clutch nut off. but i cant seem to get the oil slinger 1

·
Registered
451 Posts
proper tool and a impact driver will get it off I use a 3/8s impact wrench a 1/2 inch will work but is a little big for working on the end of the crank

·
Banned
1 Posts
If you have the top end off, a 3/8 drive extension through the rod end, and a rag protecting the cases, will let you muscle it off with a breaker bar, too.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
firepower354 said:
Regular threads. Just tight. Don't hit it. Cases, bearings, crank truing are all fragile enough without getting the sledge-O-matic out.

sledge-o-matic..I like that.

can i find that on the FP website lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea hammer didnt work lol but i couldnt bring myself above little taps.

and where do i locate these tools. just checked pitsterpro and tbolt. im sure they are there im just looking in the wrong place

·
Banned
1 Posts
warpig0470 said:
yea hammer didnt work lol but i couldnt bring myself above little taps.

and where do i locate these tools. just checked pitsterpro and tbolt. im sure they are there im just looking in the wrong place

This heavy-duty unit here is the one I personally use in my shop:

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Can be found here:

Clutch & Crank Nut Tool

While the impact gun is fine for removal, I STRONGLY advise against installing the nut with one. My puny 3/8 drive job sent a never-ran OE Honda crank to the graveyard, a few years ago.

We have THOUSANDS of tools and parts, not yet posted on the site, for big bike and small, so feel free to inquire.

We sure as heck won't jack the price up and flood Amazon with it...lol

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts