PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone had any tips on keeping my oil slinger tight. its a gpx 124 all stock besides a kitaco i.r.k.

i will be keeping the inner rotor on it so i gotta find a way to cure this. do they make lock tight that works under high heat and oil?

let me know what has to be done so i can keep riding!!!

thanks,

dave

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I haven't had to use loctite on the oil sling retaining nut yet... something else is amis here. Is the washer still decently conical, or have you crushed the life out of it. Is the nut bottoming rather than torquing agasinst the washer?

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
yeah worst case scenario if you cant get it undone after using red loctite some heat from a torch will break the loctite down and it will come undone easily

·
Registered
394 Posts
You shouldn't need loctite, that slinger nut has grooves in it and the washer has tangs that you bend down into the groove, that will keep the nut from backing off even if it is loose. Don't forget to align the washers tangs on the backside into the slinger grooves. If you need a pic, I can get one for ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.