PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
I have a Honda Trail Bikes 88cc kit with race head and I have one. Make sure you get a high volume oil pump first. When I got first 88cc kit a billet oil cooler from Two Brothers came with it so I have kept it on. It is not a must but couldn't hurt. Kitico makes oil coolers and Takegawa makes a regular one and a billet one. For takegawa billet one from Two Brothers... http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=010-2-07-207 . For takegawa regular one from Two Brothers... http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=010-2-07-241 . For the Kitico or any of the others from Classic Honda... http://www.hondaminitrail.com/XR50.html . There are other places that sell them also I just can't think of them. The prices are on the websites.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Oil coolers seem to be a lil steep in price for what they are. 8O

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Hey guys,

I run an KITACO oil cooler on my motor. And I used EARL fittings and braded steel lines. check it out on XR gallery. its not really needed on an 88cc but they do run a little hot. Mine is over 100cc so it runs real hot but not any more.........

Thanks>>>>>>OLDSCHOOL

G

·
DirtySouthRacing said:
Oil coolers seem to be a lil steep in price for what they are. 8O

Almost everything is over priced. The reason it costs that much is because people pay that much. Something is only worth what people will pay.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I, too, run the Kitaco oil cooler, but the standard cooler is really kind of a hunk of crap. It's so small, I can't believe I paid what I did.

If you have an 88cc, you don't need an oil cooler, but need an upgraded oil pump. If you go bigger than 88, it's in your best interest to get an oil cooler. The bigger the better.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sik50 uses the largest oil-cooler we could get from Kitaco.

Its a 6 row, rather than the 3 row that most people run.

here is a picture that SoCalRPM took when they came to do a photoshoot at Sik50s.

sik50 117 ultra SE with a 6 row Kitaco oil cooler. I like how Darryl mounted it at a angle.

·
Registered
461 Posts
6 row huh cam!!!!!!!!! lol i rather have a takegawa billet one, it still does its job and it doesnt take up all teh room on ur bike, it doesnt weigh twice as much and u can actually work on the top end with it!

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
NO,

I WENT TO THE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE SHOP AND MATCHED THE TREADED FITTINGS IN THE KITACO OIL COOLER KIT. WITH EARL ANODIZED ALUMINUM PRESSURE FITTINGS AND PURCHASED SOME BRADED STEEL LINE AND THE REST IS HISTORY..........

IM GOING TO MAKE A SET FOR HARRIS 718, SO I WILL GET THE PART #'S FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED. "WILL ONLY WORK ON THE TAKEAGAWA CLUTCH COVER APPLICATION".

THANKS OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
684 Posts
sanobrady said:
6 row huh cam!!!!!!!!! lol i rather have a takegawa billet one, it still does its job and it doesnt take up all teh room on ur bike, it doesnt weigh twice as much and u can actually work on the top end with it!

brady your a fool. that little takegawa oil cooler is way to small for that motor. we have ones similar in size to that takegawa billet one, but why run it if we can fit a bigger one. and who said you cant work on your top end... what is up there that cant be reached?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.