PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Please cool that thing!!

I know that some on here will tell you that they do not do much, but do yourself a favor and use one. Keeping the engine temp down does more than just keep the performance up. Little things like your clutch and valve springs will last longer, your clutch will last longer, the oil itself will be good for a few more hours, and last but not least the MOTOR will last longer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey londregmoto talk to vince about the oil coolers. I have the !46 and the big valve head in my sikk mx and I used the tb oil cooler. Vince said that was the most efficient kind and so far it has worked great. I raced in florida and i was on the gas alot and with out the oil cooler i would have definatly overheated it. Just letting you know. Vince carries the tb oil coolers and hey will hook you up.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
londregmoto said:
alright. hey trailpimp what kinda coolers did you use on your x4 to mount them in between the shroud and tank/frame? and how much work did it take because i would like to mount my cooler the same way on my 50

If you want to do it on a 50 then try this set up. On the x4 I used Staggs billet coolers, on the x2 I use and ADA billet cooler. Both set ups work very well, and before anyone chimes in about the billet coolers, I know that the veined type will work better, but with my set ups I get much more airflow and it is what I had to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey Londregmoto, I picked up an Akunar cast Aluminum Jumbo oil cooler for 40 somthin plus 30 somthin for shipping. I went for the billit/cast route because I will be crashing hard soon :) The radiator type may just get mashed up, although they might work better short term. Pretty good price and it passes the oil back and forth many times so it gets as much time in the cooler as possible, vs. some billit coolers that just pass the oil thru twice.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
londregmoto said:
how did you mount it on that bike?
There is a piece of carbon fiber (you could use steel or aluminum) from the tapped hole on the bottom of the frame tube to the cooler, then a support piece from the shroud tab on the tank. Pretty easy, you just need to make sure that the fork clamps don't hit it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.