PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so layed my 110 over today and i have a custom oil cooler on it(pitster x4r one) and it bent the corner and put tiny crack in it kinda where the line screws in... :evil:....just enough were a drop of oil leaks out ever second... is there any cheap way to fix it jb weld?? or something?? its made of aluminum... anyhelp would be nice

·
Registered
451 Posts
I tried welding a oil cooler I have and the aluminium was too thin it just kept leaking outside the weld. the radiater shop idea might work. but I just bought a new one.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UndefinedT said:
2part epoxy would hold somethin like that

okay so the epoxy worked for about 1hr... then started leaking... i guess cause of the heat??? idk it was the best they had at homedepo..

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
At work last year we used some two part epoxy that we picked up at napa, had an old JDeere tractor with a crack in the block, it's held just fine so far. We had to grind and clean the crack real good before we applied it, not sure if that stuff will work for you or not but if you go there it says "for engine blocks" on the package. If I see it or remember the name I will let you know.

·
Banned
1 Posts
dylancordell said:
okay so the epoxy worked for about 1hr... then started leaking... i guess cause of the heat??? idk it was the best they had at homedepo..

You likely didn't have it clean enough, or scuffed enough to hold.

Pic of the damage? My aluminum welder guy is a 480V genius;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
firepower354 said:
You likely didn't have it clean enough, or scuffed enough to hold.

Pic of the damage? My aluminum welder guy is a 480V genius;)

its between the mount and fins.. cant reall clean it.. only paid 40 for it...

will you pm me your numbeR???? i want a v2 head and 64mm kit maybe we could work out a deal like store credit for my motor?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Home depot stuff works ok,

I use industrial grade from my work..

but you can get some good stuff that works great at a marine shop

·
Banned
1 Posts
dylancordell said:
its between the mount and fins.. cant reall clean it.. only paid 40 for it...

will you pm me your numbeR???? i want a v2 head and 64mm kit maybe we could work out a deal like store credit for my motor?

Check my sig...;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts