PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
However much it takes to read full on the dipstick.

I don't know why everyone gets hung up on measuring how much oil they're GOING to put in when the reading on the dipstick is what matters. If it doesn't read full, add more. If it's over the full mark, take some out. If it reads full, its full, regardless of weather it took .3 oz or 1.2 liters.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kurlon said:
However much it takes to read full on the dipstick.

I don't know why everyone gets hung up on measuring how much oil they're GOING to put in when the reading on the dipstick is what matters. If it doesn't read full, add more. If it's over the full mark, take some out. If it reads full, its full, regardless of weather it took .3 oz or 1.2 liters.

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

exactly... it seems this is asked at least once a week on one of the 3 mini boards i visit and i always say just put in a half quart, start it fora second to let it circulate...then check it and add or remove oil to get the correct mark on the dipstick...after all that's what it's there for:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.