PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just picked up a china klx style bike with a perimeter frame, with a yx150 in it. i dont even know what brand it is, the only markings were x150 on the fork guards. so anyways i got it from a friend who bought it with a bad kick start gear. it ran fine before (needed to be pop started) but after the motor was torn all apart it have some bad crankcase pressure. it leaks oil out of both vents and even will loosen up the dipstick. but the weird thing is it DOSNT smoke a single bit! oil level is right on and vents arnt plugged. im new to these bigger motors so any help will be appreciated. thanks!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Sounds like you're running too much oil. The big YX's like to be near the bottom of the stick, or you'll get oil out the breathers. A catch/recovery can setup will keep it from fouling the bike with spray, but you'll have less if you drop the volume a bit. Another option is poor ring seal and blow-by. That can cause the same issue, and still not smoke.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks terry that's what I really wanted to know was if it could be rings even without smoke. That's what ill do first. Do u carry the rings I need? What would be a good big bore kit to do while I'm there? Thanks again.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I've got new, never run take-out piston and ring sets for about the same as packaged rings($35 shipped), and complete cylinder/piston/rings/gaskets for $100 shipped if you want to freshen up cheap and stay at 150cc. BBK options are wide open, from 117cc (OK, that's a SBK;)) to 215cc. Lots between. Did you upgrade the case half when the kicker gears were replaced? I suggest a decomp, of some sort, if you do any thing beyond stock on these motors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much for the piston and rings you have? I think I'm gonna do that while I save up for a couple weeks until I come to u for a bbk and v2 head. I've allways wanted some firepower magic! Oh and I think my buddy used the stock cases. What decomp do u recomand? Id rather not bust another kickstart gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts