PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I haven't posted in here for a while. I'm sure there are some of the older crew hanging around, but wanted to post up again to share what's new on my NSR to NSF conversion.

As most of you know I make the motor bracket kits to install the XR/CRF100 motor into the NSR chassis.. I've run my kit on my bike for years! I had a BBR120 kit on first, then went and tossed the kitchen sink at the bike and installed the Takegawa 124 Stage 3 stroker kit. Boy did I love that motor, loads of power and torque, but not many in my club to race it with and the guys that knew how to ride a 150R fast were hard to pass.

So, last year I took the stroker crank out and put the stock one back on, stock cylinder and kept the Tak super head on. If you didn't know, Takegawa makes a 100cc high compression piston that fits the super head! I can say this.. The stock piston is a work of art and the power is so much more user friendly, I'm only 1.5sec off my fastest lap with the 124 motor in. It's still fast!! If u have to keep your bike at 100cc but able to do other mods, I'd suggest the kit I'm running! It's amazing!

Anyway, here's some pics. Enjoy! And ask me questions as I'll check back from time to time.
Note: I'm running a 28mm carb, Custom Jemco exhaust, Daytona outer rotor fully programmable ignition, kick starter shaft and gear removed, titanium inner motor parts, etc..

Little onboard video at PIRC!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Ya. I'm aware of that. I was thinking about going that route myself, only with a CRF230F 26mm carb. I was kinda thinking against it because I didn't want this motor configuration to need to be the standard in our F3 class as it's kinda expensive. I was going to build my motor bone stock with just a cam, clean up port job on the stock head, an XR80 tranny, and a CRF150F 24mm carb. I haven't decided which way I wanted to go with it just yet.

Where did you get that kickstart plug from? The motor that came in my NSF has it, but I haven't seen one anywhere. --L*64

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony get that bike of yours done man! What's the hold up! Lol

I did the kick starter plug myself. Some JB weld on the inside with a rubber plug on the outside. It's held up for the past 6years with no issues/leaks.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
It's getting there. The fab work on the main frame is done. Working on the swinger now. Welding some heavy tabs to run the spools for the stand. The frame will go off to get painted, and I have an XR100 bottom end that I was going to work with;

I was planning on an XR80 tranny, the 24mm carb off of a 150F, and not sure what top end to go with. By the time I get a cam, stock head, and cylinder-- then get it ported, I might as well get that aftermarket 100cc top end. The motor that came in it has some sort of kickstart plug. Where do I get that setup from? Also-- what gearing do I order for it? --L*64

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Are you running the stock tranny? The XR80 is closer ratio. I tend to keep the rear the same, and go one up or down depending on what track we're at. Whaddya think for CRP taking into consideration the XR80 tranny? I'd just move up a tooth for bigger tracks like PIRC. --L*64

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That makes it a little harder. I'm not to sprockets yet, but what do you suggest with the stock tranny at CRP in the direction you use the bigger gearing for? I'll probably go up one up front for PIRC from there, and maybe down one for a direction change at CRP. --L*64

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.