PlanetMinis Forums banner

now i'm gonna start some tish, sik 50's or sano swing arm

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  mxracer728 
I dont really have a preferance between either company but get the Sano. The Sik50's swingarm will cause your bike to ride stiff and harsh due to the changed mount point on the swingarm. So unless you want it to feel like you are riding a brick get the Sano. And for anyone who wants to give me crap I have ridden the Sik50's swingarm back to back with my Foes which is identical to the Sano (both Billetware) and my Foes felt 10x better.

If you feel your ishock spring was to soft then why didnt you just crank up the preload some. And I dont think the Sik50's swnigarm felt more progresive, it just felt stiff, more like riding a rock. Not saying that Sik50's dont have nice stuff or they arnt great guys but I really do not like the way there swingarm works, it seems to me like it does the opposite of what a extended swingarm is supposed to do. I think of a extended swingarm giving a plusher ride with smoother shock action, the Sik50's swingarm gives neither. But in the end its up to you. But me, I think that if I buy a $300 swingarm I want it to improve my suspension setup and action, not make it worse.

five0addict said:
screw that squishy sh!t! :lol:

extended=evening out

cranking up the preload? duude! makin yourself look stupid!
Im making myself look stupid hahaha, now that is funny. Then you really dont know that a swingarm has more use than just evening out the ride, and to the contrary you just made yourself look stupid.

I never said it worked perfectly, but it does work. DirtySouth's bike is just like I described, Five0 swingarm, ishock w/ reservoir and the preload tightened up, and it works very good. And actually turning in the preload is the same effect as a stiffer spring just not to the same degree. It is used to adjust the stiffness of a spring for riders of differnt weight, which is why springs have wieght ranges, as in the prload and stiffness can be dialed in for riders of varried wieght by simply using preload. So by turning in the preload, it will stiffen the spring up to acheive correct sag and stiffness or the shock. Quit trying to doubt my knowlege Five0, Ive been around bikes since I was 6, setup all my own stuff so I know what works, what doesnt, how to make it work and what works as a good substitue blah blah blah.

If you still bottom that much then you do need a stiffer spring lol. But I dont mind stiff when it works like it should. But your right, we are abit off topic lol, so lets just leave it at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.