PlanetMinis Forums banner

not minis but need help deciding which 450 to buy

716 views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Motoracer216 
#1 ·
trying to decide between the kawasaki kx450f and the honda crf450.... love the honda but people sayng the kx is better.... i am 6 foot 220...going to be ridden at the track mostly...any help would be great...

#2 ·
The KXF's are so fast, i rode my buddies for a bit, it was nice. Felt way better than one of my other friends CRF. But both are great bikes, honda has the valve problems solved and now the CRF's run great and last forever. Same goes for kawi. I would get the bike that is cheaper and what u feel more comfortable on, cause comfort is everything.

#5 ·
JCMINIS said:
Not to be offensive but whats your favorite color ? They all have more power than mortal man can handle.
haha reminds me, did u ever read that article in dirtrider with JBS? He said he reads all these reviews and tests on a bike and people say they have so much power its out of control and yet he puts his leg over a factory built bike and says it needs more power. Crazy lol

#7 ·
EatDirt5 said:
haha reminds me, did u ever read that article in dirtrider with JBS? He said he reads all these reviews and tests on a bike and people say they have so much power its out of control and yet he puts his leg over a factory built bike and says it needs more power. Crazy lol

I said mortal man !!!!!!! LOL

#17 ·
Honestly out of those 2 choices I would go with the Honda.Build quality is much better.

Why did you leave the Yamaha out?They have almost Honda build quality(still leaps and bounds better than the Kawi and Suzuki) and are super easy to ride.They almost feel like an electric bike.

IMO if you want more of an old school 450 get the honda and if you want more of a new school 450 get the yamaha.

#22 ·
After owning 2003 YZFS(250f and 450f) 2004 CRF250 and a 2004 RMZ250, i would never ride anything but honda again. Just the quality of the parts used on the bikes down to little things such as nuts and bolts are head and shoulders above any other brand except KTM. Trust me, the KXF will rattle and vibrate 2 as bad and twice as fast as a CRF. I have ridden an 06 kxf and i can say it is a very good bike, does nothing bad and rode very well, just like a crf. But just the fact that the honda is so close but the qaulity of it would be my deciding factor. I say go with the honda, just look at the cost of oem radiators for all of the bikes. That might sway you over too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.