PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking into buying a stock KLX or just buying one of the Medina bikes because I really like them.

Can a KLX 110 motor fit in the Medina frame? If not is there a kit to do so?

Again I am a noob to the mini world. I have raced big bikes since I was 6 and want to have some fun and meet some new people.:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
There is a kit for a klx engine to fit into the lxr frame . im doing that atm :D

The Medina is different , and there isnt a kit as far as i no . would need to fab a few custom mounts up . i would assume it would work with the frame , but no guarantees .

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome to the world of 12" mini cross!

To answer your question... We do not... and will not support the KLX motor in any Medina chassis...Ever! The motor is a pig / boat anchor or whatever you want to call it. Save yourself 17 pounds of metal and buy a Daytona or modify a Zonger 155 bottom end.

I personally recommend using a Takegawa rr 2 or 4 valve head with the big bore kit of your choice. Call Terry at Firepower and he can get you a motor that will really work for MX/SX/AX going forward.

I suggest doing alot of research first to make sure your are getting the parts you want... for what you really want to do...

Best of luck & welcome to the sport!!!

bob

·
Registered
983 Posts
MedinaMiniSX said:
The motor is a pig / boat anchor or whatever you want to call it.

bob

really........ alot of people would beg to differ on that one..

It may be heavier then a chiinese engine , but that doesn't bother me in the slightest as its trading a little weight for 10x better bottom end life ....plus the aftermarket for the engine is 10x better then the china mills...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks for the info Bob. I will be ordering the non linkage SX 155 in the next week or so. Roller & Engine of course :cool: I hope to build up a nice Mod bike and race MMSX next year and possibly some others I come across.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I dont think that Medina offers the non-linkage bike anymore. And yes, I had a stock KLX110, it was a turd. You can improve the handling and the motor, but not without dumping a lot of cash in to it. Medina will be bringing out their new and improved linkage bike sometime soon. They have a lot of fans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok that sucks... I want one right now! Hopefully they will be available soon. I've been following the thread off an on the bike sounds great!

·
Registered
328 Posts
wogtaz ryder said:
really........ alot of people would beg to differ on that one..

It may be heavier then a chiinese engine , but that doesn't bother me in the slightest as its trading a little weight for 10x better bottom end life ....plus the aftermarket for the engine is 10x better then the china mills...

The only thing that mod klx builds use is the cases (select bottom end parts) and plastic/seat?

I would rather buy a Take 5K / 4K Daytona motor than a built klx @ 4K+ just for the better chassis dynamics... We, Vinco and a few others have tried to position that motor in a way to distribute the weight bias correctly and you just cannot (it is just math)... Enjoy your KLX...

Just look at what works in 12E/Vegas and research from there...

bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts