PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
totally stock motor and these past few days the noise has been getting louder. sounds kind of like a grinding of some sort. only does it in 2nd gear though. it runs fine but does seem like it has lost a little bit of power. ideas of what it could be?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just a guess but your second gear is probably getting worn and almost ready to break...

I had a stock motor and when I pulled it apart this last time to build it up I replaced my 2nd gear and noticed the stock one was pretty chewed up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep. Your 2nd gear is crapping out. My buddy just had to do his also. Common on these bikes along with output shafts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like you might as well just rebuild the entire bottom end lol. You can get the stock 08+ shaft and a billet second gear for pretty cheap. You should get a 4spd drum while you are at it and maybe even a 55mm crank, that way you won't have to go into the bottom end again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Crank - .TB DRZ KLX 110 55mm Stroker Crankshaft - 03 - 09 models - TB Parts - KLX110 DRZ110 - .TB DRZ KLX 110 55mm Stroker Crankshaft - 03 - 09 models - TBolt USA, LLC

2nd Gear - CHP Billet 2nd Gear KLX110 - Japan Minis - DRZ & KLX 110 - Big Bore & Engine Kits - CHP Billet 2nd Gear KLX110 - TBolt USA, LLC

Output Shaft - DRZ and KLX 110 H-D Output shaft - TB Parts - KLX110 DRZ110 - DRZ and KLX 110 H-D Output shaft - TBolt USA, LLC

4spd Shift Drum - TB DRZ and KLX 110 4 Speed Drum - TB Parts - KLX110 DRZ110 - TB DRZ and KLX 110 4 Speed Drum - TBolt USA, LLC

Depending on what you plan to do in the long run, if you go larger than the 143 kit, chances are you will probably need to bore your cases to allow piston clearance when adding the 55mm crank. I would figure out what you want and run it by either the forum or a vendor to make sure it'll all match up.

FYI - 143 kit + 55mm crank = 155cc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im planning on keeping the motor stock. just gonna get a pipe and filter down the road a little ways. think i should still get the 4 speed drum and crank?

·
Registered
339 Posts
wethington2011 said:
im planning on keeping the motor stock. just gonna get a pipe and filter down the road a little ways. think i should still get the 4 speed drum and crank?

Its personal preference, if you want to (can) spend the cash on those items it would be a good investment. If you want to keep the motor stock you could probably get by with just replacing the drum and 2nd gear. Output shafts are known to be a weak link so it might be worth it to change that. The crank will add some power but it wont be a stock size motor any more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts