PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2008 klx 110 that I race in the stock mod class. I've up graded all of the electical components with bbr exept for installing a bump start and inner rotor kit. As of lately it started losing spark when the motor heats up. I switched all of elec components back to stock and the problem continues. thinking maybe nuetral safety switch or the magneto. Any help would be great, Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, checked the ground, kill switch and changed the plug. it'll actually run fine when it's hot, but after I shut it off it won't get spark until it cools down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah switched them both back to the stock units and still no spark when it gets hot. I'm at my wits end with it. I just ordered a CHP bump start to try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the manual. I was thinking maybe the magneto, Probably just order an inner rotor kit then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it almost sounds just like my buddys problem. His dad told him all the time it was the stator like the coil pickup wasnt reading right. Theres no way a stator is goin to go out. I did a bump start on it and everything works just fine now for a couple of weeks....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine was doing something like that as well be mine would only run about 5 minutes then shut off. I would have no spark. I got rid of the safety neutral switch and put a bump start plate on and its been fine ever since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help. I finally got my bumpstart and put it in, seems to have cured the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts