PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddys Red Barron 88 just died out the other day while riding. We've replaced everything external with known working parts, i.e. CDI, coil, plug cap, plug, wiring harness, key switch. We know it has to be internal at this point, but what should we look for, and where do we start? Thanks

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
un-hook the key switch (you do not need it) and the engine shut off button/switch and also check your grounds

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doopsx3 said:
un-hook the key switch (you do not need it) and the engine shut off button/switch and also check your grounds

Yep, we tried all of that, still no spark.

burnoutboy said:
I'm guessing ground as well.

How you been Randy?

Yeah, tried the ground I dunno man. I've been good buddy, just busy with work and school, and riding the big bike a LOT this year. Hadn't rode the fiddys in a long ass time, so we got them out the other evening, and that's when RJ's bike died.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
stator? Check for voltage/resistance coming out of the stator and compare to a known good. Or if you are really feeling frisky, swap the stator from one bike to the other for the surefire fix. if that fixes it, grab a china stator on the cheap and toss it in. or maybe you can snag something out of the classifieds?

·
Registered
491 Posts
ive had the weight hit the magnet and blow up my whole setup. i needed a new rotor, wieght, and cdi. pull off the engine cover, you might get a surprise.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal, thanks for the help guys. We'll pull the cover off and I'll let you know what we find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts