PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After messing with my CT70 for a few hours I found out what's happening. So cleaned the points, all surfaces that were rusty and soldered some wires that needed it. What happens now is that it will create voltage (I confirmed that with a multimeter and my hand haha) from the stator, coil and spark plug terminal. However there is no spark. I made sure that there is a good ground and I changed the plug for a plug that I know works but still nothing :( Any tips? Could it be the coil? Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
the spark plug wire at the spark plug end ? what kind of voltage does that make? - that is not a smart-ass question. all I know is that the spark plug that is known to work will if it is getting a proper voltage , I think a high voltage. Are you grounding the tip of the spark plug to check ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
my ct70 has to have the battery plugged in... for the longest time it wouldnt start because i didnt have the battery plugged in.. basically the black wire on the battery is a jumper for the coil wire..

maybe that helps ya.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New coil and had a problem with the contacts but that is fixed now. Pretty much all my electrical is gutted so how would I connect the battery to the coil? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts