PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well like the title says my 88 w/ RH head no compression.

i rode the track from 5-9 tuesday then yesterday sat. it died in the middle of the track, like 3rd lap.

so i was thinkin, fried piston rings? blown head gasket? (dont see how that could happen)

ideas?

my buddy installed the 88 kit about 2 months ago.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
did you actually check the compression? Is the engine actually turning over when you kick it? Maybe your clutch is toast.

Possible reasons: bent valve, valve clearance set wrong, rings, head gasket

If your clutch is slipping then when you kick it the engine will not turn over. If the valves are too tight then a valve may be stuck open a bit. Your rings could be toast(broken in yet?). There are too many variables to say for sure what exactly is wrong w/ it.

I would start by making sure the engine is spinning when you kick it. Then check the valves. If those check out then take off the head and look for the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my exhaust valve is bent =/

so i think i might get the ehad ported and polished, i mean since i have to replace the valve i might P&P it.

how much money do u think it will cost to fix the vavle?

·
Registered
55 Posts
why did the valve bend is the question check the rod and make sure you have no up and down play if the rod is loose your just wasting your money find the problem first and then replace the valve your probably going to need the valve seat recut or bring it to a machine shop and have them vaccum to the valves

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.