PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling my motor for an 88cc kit. What are the steps to pulling the motor? I have been turning wrenches for 20 years and have pulled motors out of everything from semis to cars to quads, but never out of a 50 (or any type of dirtbike). Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't like to jump into anything without researching it first :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well...lol

Undo the chain, undo the wiring, take your pegmount off, take the exhaust off, (I) take the carb/intake off (I think this is everything then, should be left with just a motor sitting there in the frame.

Get a buddy or just straddle the bike between your legs, completely remove the rear engine mount bolt, loosen the nut on the top engine mount bolt, lift up on the engine and slide that bolt out and hold the motor so it doesnt fall on the floor.

You should have just a motor sitting in your hands then.

Throw (gently set) that engine on the workbench and go to town on the 88 kit :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
you can strttle it or you can set it on a bike stand and then take everything off like traut811 and then pull the frame off of the motor so take out the motor mounts and lift straight up and bam motor on a stand

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
gfleck067 said:
you can strttle it or you can set it on a bike stand and then take everything off like traut811 and then pull the frame off of the motor so take out the motor mounts and lift straight up and bam motor on a stand

yup, done that one too!

this way is probably easier, youre holding a light frame with places to easily hold on to instead of a bulky engine that you wouldnt want to drop..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts