PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda XR50 with SSR 125cc 4 Speed Manual
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this bike to screw around with the kids the dirt track on our land, but need some advice. I posted my info below. Obviously I'm a big guy on a small bike, so I know this isn't supposed to be a plush ride... but would definitely like to make it better. The seat almost slants backwards (prob. due to the lower suspension in the rear) and makes it uncomfortable to ride, as well as the suspension (mainly the rear) tends to bottom out over any bumps in the yard. The guy's ad I bought it from said "HD Tubes" and "HD Suspension front and rear".

Was thinking about the DNM MK-AR 290mm shock with a 350 lb Spring
or dropping more money and going with something like the Piranha Pro 50 Kit T-3 ($780) + an extended frame of some sort.

Other suggestions?

220 lb / 6'3" Rider
2002 XR50
SSR / Lifan 125cc w/ 4 speed manual trans
BBR Triple Clamp with ProTaper 7" Rise Chromoly Mini Racer 7/8" Handlebars
Starcross 5 (2.5-10 Front / 2.75-10 Rear) Tires
UNI 38mm Dual Stage Air Filter
Peg mount with pegs set up (up sweep type)
Tall Seat (off brand)
"HD Tubes"
"HD Suspension front and rear"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wouldn't mind a different tall seat suggestion as well if there is something else out there that's got more cushion. Even if it's horrendous looking... would rather functional vs looks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have any suggestions? Definitely need a recommendation on the length of shock if I go that route as well... I'm guessing that would fix the "rake" of the bike in addition to the heavier spring. 270, 275, 290mm, etc. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts