PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new here and in need of help with my 05 110. I have a 134cc kit in it along with air filter and exhaust. I recently noticed that there is oil buildup in the exhaust and looks like blue smoke. What would make it do this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T Bolt USA said:
Sounds like it is time for a set of rings.

Thanks for the info. Are you talking a set of piston rings? Do you sell these? I bought the bike with 134cc kit in it. I am not sure which one it is. How do I find out which rings I will need?

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
MiniMxr said:
Thanks for the info. Are you talking a set of piston rings? Do you sell these? I bought the bike with 134cc kit in it. I am not sure which one it is. How do I find out which rings I will need?

Sorry for the limited info in the first post.

Yes I mean Piston rings.

Now hopefully you have a TB 134cc kit.Should have the TB logo on the cylinder.

We sell rings for TB kits.

TB 440 PISTON RINGS 58mm - Pit Bike Engine Parts - PISTONS and GASKETS - TB 440 PISTON RINGS 58mm - TBolt USA, LLC

Now if there is any wear to the piston it should also be replaced.

Unfortunately TB 58mm piston is discontinued so a new 143cc kit may be the answer.

Let me know if we can help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to have to look more into it. I would think that it is TB. Most everything on the bike is from there. I did not notice a logo on the cylinder though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally have some time to tear into the bike. I do not see anything that tells me what big bore kit is in it. Anyone able to give me some advice on how to take the bike motor apart to get to the piston? The manual does not tell you anything like a big bike manual does.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T Bolt USA said:
We have a link to the KLX110 Shop manual online in our tech data

TBolt USA, LLC

Thanks.. That was a lot of help. Bookmarked that. I have yet to tear into the motor. I decided to check the valve clearances first. They were off a few .000. Also the spark plug was a little gummed up. I cleaned that up and adjusted the valves. Starts up much easier. Does seem that it runs a little rich. Would any of that have anything to do with some white/blue smoke out the exhaust? Also I still am using stock spark plug, should I use something else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts