PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just recently bought an 05 xtreme cr2. The previous owner said the carb was jetted by the last owner. It would start up and idle fine but when you would give it any gas it would try to die. Yesterday I took the carb off so I could go get some stock jets for it and found out it still had the 17.5 pilot and 95 main jets in it. So I cleaned it out thoroughly, and cleaned the filter and put it back on. Now it won't start. Any idea what I did wrong?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone. I bought a few things for the bike and now it's a runner but it idles really high. The idle screw doesn't do anything to change the rpm. Can the clip position on the needle affect how it idles? IIrc, the clip is on the 4th position down.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
1)Throttle cable adjustment check:
a)Carb slide MUST hit bottom
b)Test it , You MUST hear the sound of the slide hitting the bottom of the carb
c)You must have free play or slack in the throttle cable
d)You must be able to turn the throttle a small amount WITHOUT moving the carb slide

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mabey my throttle cable is too short or something. I tried loosening it up at the grip and I can't get any slack at all. When I twist the throttle even the slightest bit, the bike revs up. All I can hear when the bike is off when I twist the throttle is the spring working.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The throttle cable that came with my carb kit is too short for my new throttle, but too long for my stock throttle. I put the stock cable on and it's fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.