PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a brand new top end in my chinese 110 dirt bike and its hard as hell to start. The original carb that came with it is really dirty so i took that off and put on the carb i bought from dbrown. He said it came with a tb 88cc kit so i figured it would work good, although i dont know what size it is its a sheng wey carb. When i can get it to run it runs great. But when it cools off its a bitch to get back started. I know the idle is really high because of an issue im having with my frame barely clearing the carb right now but thats getting fixed soon. Will having the idle too high affect how easy it starts? It cranks easier with the stock carb, but will not idle as the idle screw doesnt work at all so i have to hold the throttle to keep it running. Im gonna try cleaning it up real good tommorow and putting it back on to see if it helps any.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually ive got it running pretty good now. I figured out its because ive been using the choke too much. Also adjusted the air screw some and that helped. Starts easy without using the choke at all even when cold. My main problem now is the clutch so that def needs replacing as im sure its shot. Its to the point where it wont even kick over sometimes because it slips so bad. Where can i pick up a new one from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts