PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘17 Husky TC250///‘21 Honda crf110
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off delete this if it’s a stupid or already talk about thread. i looked and i’m completely clueless when it come to pitbikes. i race 250 and 450 B and collegeboy but am just finding interest in pitbikes.
so for someone with a bone stock ‘21 crf110 what would be the first upgrades/etc to make it a race/bashed/all around fun bike?
i see most going for exhaust around my area but i would rather go with suspension and bars.
Any help with a list of what to expect to upgrade and a list of brands would help me wonders! i’m also super confused about the +2 options etc about some of the part descriptions and bar/triple clamp sizes.
again thank you in advance and sorry for the trouble!

(again i’m sorry if this is an already talked about topic i just couldn’t find exactky what i needed. please delete if necessary)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to planetminis 😃

No need to be sorry at all we’re are all here to learn and give help where we can
generally the first few mods on any pitbike are usually a set of new bars and an exhaust and some nice bling parts like shifter and Kickstarter and maybe even a brake lever then it really depends if you hit jumps or plan on racing it either way it’s not a bad investment in stiffening up the suspensions and getting some quality tyres everything after that can be done over time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the fast reply, extremely helpful! would you happen to have any fork replacement or just stiff in the stocks? i’ve seen kx65 conversions but that would also mean a bunch of other mods to even the height out. and heck even shock recommendations for about a 180-200 lbs rider? the only times i was into pitbikes was around untamed and unleashed so i only know of sano, red baron, etc. i don’t even know who makes aftermarket parts for minis anymore quite embarrassing lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
No probs dude going to kx65 forks isn’t really necessary basically just add bbr dampening rods and some bbr fork springs with 20 weight fork oil will be perfect
And personally go a dnm rear shock best bang for your buck rear shock that’s fully adjustable
There are still plenty of pitbike brands and vendors that are still going strong jump on tbolt.com they have all the parts you need to get you sorted
There isn’t much you won’t be able to find out on this site there are countless threads of how to do almost anything pitbike or mini bike related

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all so much. been a huge help. not like other sites where i felt i’d be attacked. i’ll try to keep posted on the progress of the bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
the stock brake lever is great to bend back into place when you wreck. i think the most important mods you'll need if you plan on jumping is a cradle that goes under your motor and protects the whole underside of the bike. without this your footpegs can actually rip out of the bottom of the motor and it's typically a HUGE issue to fix. this is the nicest one imaginable... Honda CRF110F Corso Plate & Brake Assembly you definitely don't need to spend that much though. i just had the link handy. however on that same site you should buy the $38 shift brace. this $38 will save you money in the long run. You just take your shifter on and slide that brace in tight. this stops your shaft from causing any damage in the motor and helps it stay straight when you drop the bike on the shifter side. i agree with the person above who said get a fully adjustable DNM shock and the bbr heavy front fork springs. depending on your size you can probably get away without changing the oil weight but it certainly helps if theyre too soft for you.

as far as motor mods go, this bike is fuel injected so you have to treat it a bit different than most threads you read about parts. i've even heard of peoples bikes running like crap doing nothing but putting an exhaust on. do your own research on how people are flashing the rev boxes. i can't confirm this at all.... but rumor has it with a 132cc bore, the most expensive intake i've ever heard of, an exhaust, and shipping your ecu off for someone to flash it then send it back can nearly double your horsepower with borderline no reliability loss. i've been interested in one of these myself for that reason. all together you'd probably have a thousand dollars wrapped up in that but i've heard its unbelievably worth it and can make the bike keep up with big bore klx110 motors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you do want to mess with the motor I would suggest a cam with stiffer valve springs and dome piston or high compression piston

·
Registered
74 Posts
As great as fuel injection is to have the only downside is well the pros out way the cons theres no doubting that is just in the world of pitbike it’s still very new and for now anyway you'll just have to be careful with modding it as jaron said I’d leave it stock at least until things become abit easier and readily available yeah otherwise youl end up spending stupid amounts of cash to get little to no reward and real world power to be that of a slightly modded klx stick to making it look killer for now add things that will make it handle sick get a decent set of tyres and a good chain and just get out there and rip

·
Registered
471 Posts
Whenever you replace the rear shock, would you give me dibbs on the oem takeoff, if your interested in selling it? I've got an '98 XR70 that needs a upgrade. PayPal ready. Thx! Oscar
San Antonio, Tx, 78204

1 - 9 of 9 Posts