PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no idea how deep this somewhat unknown sport is, I am impressed by some of the bikes. I have one question and please don't kill me here. why do some guys spend unbelievable money to build bikes almost the same as like a kx 65 which you can get brand new for 3k. I do think the customs are bad ass looking I would love to see some in action. I live in northeast florida anyone know where you can see these kinds of bikes roosting? I live near pax trax in bunnell and i know they do pitbike races from time to time, do bikes like the ones in the 50 of the month thread go to races like pax holds?

anyway this is a kick ass site for 50's

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES IT WAS ME, I am glad you saw this because i wanted to see your bike run out there. I wasn't going to go to pax to ride but i might ride my harley up there and check you out over there. send me a pm with your number again so i can check to make sure your there

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ironhead said:
I had no idea how deep this somewhat unknown sport is, I am impressed by some of the bikes. I have one question and please don't kill me here. why do some guys spend unbelievable money to build bikes almost the same as like a kx 65 which you can get brand new for 3k. I do think the customs are bad ass looking I would love to see some in action. I live in northeast florida anyone know where you can see these kinds of bikes roosting? I live near pax trax in bunnell and i know they do pitbike races from time to time, do bikes like the ones in the 50 of the month thread go to races like pax holds?

anyway this is a kick ass site for 50's

we build bikes like that because we're stupid. lol but in pitbike races you have to have horizontal motors with open frame. can't have a frame or motor like a kx65.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I had better run now. I have way to many expensive hobbies already, I do see the draw to this. I wish we had some more tracks near me that were geared for this use. I just bought a crf 450R and got back into motocross after a pretty bad wreck 3 yrs ago. I thought this might be safer but i have been looking at you tube videos, I think these can be equally dangerous maybe even more so.

is there a website on this owc and ace tracks? something with pics of the track

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
well i have been racing big bikes (or 2 stroke race bikes in the 50 & 65 class) since i was 3. Im 15 now and heres a list of injuries on big bikes.

Right broken tibula.

Broke two bones in my hand.

Broken right arm.

Broken right collarbone.

3 concussions

Torn PCL,LCL, and MCL in right knee.

and Broken right ankle.

My right side is just effed up lol. now heres the list of minibike injuries.

2 stitches in my left knee.

A few bumps and bruises.

I'd have to say from my experience pitbikes are SAFE compard to big bikes. But this is only the way i see it...

T-RAV

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
T-rav said:
well i have been racing big bikes (or 2 stroke race bikes in the 50 & 65 class) since i was 3. Im 15 now and heres a list of injuries on big bikes.

Right broken tibula.

Broke two bones in my hand.

Broken right arm.

Broken right collarbone.

3 concussions

Torn PCL,LCL, and MCL in right knee.

and Broken right ankle.

My right side is just effed up lol. now heres the list of minibike injuries.

2 stitches in my left knee.

A few bumps and bruises.

I'd have to say from my experience pitbikes are SAFE compard to big bikes. But this is only the way i see it...

T-RAV

You got any videos of this stuff?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Pitbikes are a sickness. You get a bike and all you want to do is get something better for it. Then $4500 later your sitting there with your finished product thinking where the hell did all my money go.......

hahaha

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
nope, no videos. Most of it happened while i was practicing at my house. I mean who keeps a camera on there riding 24/7? lol

T-RAV

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.