PlanetMinis Forums banner

new to mini motard... questions???

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  brian250f 
#1 ·
new to the whole mini motard scene. i have been riding minis for a while, but recently got a crf150r and thats all that i ride in the dirt. i wanted to set my 50 up for mini motard and i had a few questions.

*i have a 50 with a fast50s frame w/ a +2.5 swinger set up and sp5s out front. tb 88 kit with race head, oil pump and etc. stock tranny w/ hd plates and clutch springs. tall seat, bars, etc.

**im already planning on getting some wider rims from cyclone (2.15 rear and 1.6 front)

***is there any other parts i need to get or things i should know??? any help or tips is appreciated. thanks guys, brian #41.

#11 ·
ok so im planning on getting a 2.15 rear and a 1.6 front from TRT. i already have a set of 80/90-10 irc's on the way. will it be ok to run those on the wider rims??? (im just getting into the motard scene so i dont want to burn up some $60 tires just playing in parking lot) thanks guys.

#12 ·
brian250f said:
ok so im planning on getting a 2.15 rear and a 1.6 front from TRT. i already have a set of 80/90-10 irc's on the way. will it be ok to run those on the wider rims??? (im just getting into the motard scene so i dont want to burn up some $60 tires just playing in parking lot) thanks guys.
you will be ok ,cant you get an irc rear in 90/90/10

#14 ·
TRT said:
hackmunch has one of our club rims on his bike...in the picture above...2.15...

Same as cyclone .....

ACTUALLY..... Troy, I may have just been lucky, but the 2.15 I picked up from you was a lot easier to true up than the one that wore the Cyclone badge. And it had less of a "flat spot" at the weld. Actual results may vary as these we just my own personal findings...

The tire combo I'm going to run is a 90/90-10 (1.6 rim) up front with a 110/80-10 (2,15 rim) out back. My "racing" is done indoors on VERY tight tracks so I went with 10's... On larger, more open outdoor tracks, I may swap to a set of 12's for the higher speed stability...

#20 ·
Eviloompa said:
Put your stock pegs back on unless you have not already taken them off, bigger pegs hit the ground faster, with the stock ones you'll be able to get the bike over farther.
yeah i was thinking about that. idk if i have my stock ones so i might cut, trim and reweld my ims pegs to work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.