PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. Just treated myself to a brand new Klx .

Going the superstock route on the whole thing to make it fun to ride..

So first question..?

Have many of you tried the new I Shock range and would you recommend one.. Its either that or the Elka with seperate res.

Cheers Guys..

Here she is still in the Kitchen as i have too many in the Garage at the mo and need to sort out some space..Lol

Ps i'm really interested in the I shock so please No " Just buy the Elka " like im expecting unless you genuinely have good reason why not to have it..

Cheers

Rup

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my thoughts on the older range for sure.. but i've been highly recommended the new range from a very well know/respected dealer over here in the Uk.

Sorry , reading your post agin.. have you had bad experiences with the new ones or the older stuff..

Cheer

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
A works will be much better for you I have had problems with the old line but the new ones are more than likely just the same with BNG. And I have heard of the mb vert shocks breaking already so to me it doesnt sound like they improved. The works is tryed and true I havent heard of one works shock breaking but 1000s and 1000s of I shocks have failed

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
i got the new series ishock and i love it and it works great and has never broken. also ive had friends who have broken them and ishock replaced them for them for free so i would say go ishock... they are great for me

·
Registered
878 Posts
The works is tryed and true I havent heard of one works shock breaking but 1000s and 1000s of I shocks have failed

My eleven year old son broke his works shock. The shaft broke at the bottom mount. Sent them 4 emails with no replies and 2 phone calls with no return calls like I was told.

Threw the thing in the trash. It worked good while it was in one piece.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Ok thats one I have been through three I shocks since last september personally and I dont ride very often. If works are breaking too maybe its just the nature of the beast but my experience while they do warranty them well has been bad because after you break it numerous times you dont want it repaired or replaced again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flyn62 said:
i got the new series ishock and i love it and it works great and has never broken. also ive had friends who have broken them and ishock replaced them for them for free so i would say go ishock... they are great for me

Hi Buddy what model did you go for..??

Rup

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Now I am back to a stocker and they are indestructible might not feel as good but hey I was sick of breaking them every time I rode. It aggravated me too because the tracks are ride are nothing too extreme there was no reason for them to be failing .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MXiShock said:
You can't go wrong with the new M1A series iShocks. HydroDynamics USA, Inc.

If you have any questions with them feel free to PM or e-mail with any questions.

HydroDynamics USA, Inc.

These ones..?

I have always had elkas on my super pro frames and also put the same one on my 70 build..

My Buddy has an Elka with seperate res on his Klx and its sweet as..To be blunt is this any where as good as that..becasue that is the plushness and quailty i'm looking for...

Cheers Rup

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Rupert,

I would get ahold of Odi at Feal Suspension, I think he can fix you up. His stock/mod at Vegas looked like it handled awesome. He has some mods that he can do to the stock forks that seem to work well and is legal for the stock/mod class.

Mini4suspension

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.