PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I’ve been in the 50 game for around 15+ years and never got huge into it, but did the simple mods like 88 kit, skid plate, pipe, +2 swinger and some bigger suspension. But seeing everyone with a 110 seems to be (or has been) the new craze. My 50 has been siting for the last 5-8 years because I moved away, but now I’m back and just picked this project up. 2017 crf110

She smokes super bad so I’m guessing rings, but also has a tick.. bad valves possibly? The guy said he wasn’t mechanically inclined and the drain bolt was barley hand tight, but had oil in it with some (very little) metal flakes. I’m going to do the 134 kit anyways but just didn’t know if that would be a problem.
I’ll try to post a video tomorrow.

I had some pro taper bars I put on it but the longer throttle cable I had just isn’t working with the pro taper crf50 big bar kit throttle housing.

I also had a kx60 rear shock sitting around since my 60 days, so I threw that on there. Hoping to get a extended swinger soon and my BBR HD springs and damping Rods will be in soon to hopefully make it look right with the rear end.

more to come soon!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
93 Posts
Man how does someone smoke a 110 that new?... Anyways welcome. looks to have a rear shock already so maybe some hd front springs and dampening rods to raise it up an inch to match the rear. Since the motor is hurt might as well do a big bore kit. The ticking could just be excessive valve lash so the head im sure is still good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man how does someone smoke a 110 that new?... Anyways welcome. looks to have a rear shock already so maybe some hd front springs and dampening rods to raise it up an inch to match the rear. Since the motor is hurt might as well do a big bore kit. The ticking could just be excessive valve lash so the head im sure is still good.
that’s what I’m wondering.. and I just ordered bbr Springs and damping rods As well as the basic 134 tb kit,hoping the valves are still good. This thing has a puddle of oil in the exhaust when I took the baffle apart 🤦‍♂️
Here’s a video of it cold starting, but the smoke or ticking doesn’t go away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dang that is a lot louder than i thought, seems to loud to be excessive valve lash. Almost sounds like cam chain. Read the second comment on this thread ( Strange engine noise- advice needed ) When you throw your big bore kit on it might be worth adding some oil to the tensioner or buying a new one. Also take a good look at the cam chain guides when you pull them out, they could be worn if it was ran on low oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts