PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The So. Cal. Racing Association (SCRA) is starting a new racing league in Southern California! This league will have Mini Motard classes. We will be having a motard track with no dirt, but with wood ramps, whoops, and table tops. We will be holding these events at the kart track in Rialto CA, and at Real Ride in Perris CA with more So. Cal. locations to follow. There will be pocket bike, mini karts, and standup scooter classes as well. If you are interested in getting involved with this new league PM me or visit www.socal-racing.com. Right now we are putting it all together and your input would be greatly appreciated! This is a league created for racers by racers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motarded said:
too bad that Rialto track sucks a lot.

We will be putting together a great track layout with the jumps so it will not be your typical Rialto race. At least your tires will hook up on that track! lol The more successful the league gets the more locations we will be able to have races at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
braaaap said:
Sounds a lot like the USSRL? Is this just another name change or a totally new organization? Sounds like fun though, keep us posted.

This is not the USSRL. I'm not talking down on any other leagues but, this is a totally new league built from the ground up by racers that got tired of traveling 5 to 9 hours to win a plastic trophy. :evil: The So. Cal. Racing Association will also have mini motard classes with great ramps! We will have classes for the new water cooled 12HP mini karts too! It will be a great event. We are giving cash and prizes to the winners :D not plastic trophies. I personally am excited about the mini motard classes. Go to www.socal-racing.com and pre-register.

Thank you Plant Minis for supporting this new league.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Leroy said:
[quote name='filthyboatguy']Cool. Very interested!

I will need input on what classes you all would like to have to make this event successful. We will be having the first race of the season in early March! Spread the word to all your friends :D[/quote]

Looking at the Rialto track on a pocketbikeplanet.com video, I think the track looks pretty weak, like a parking lot w/cones. Where is it anyway?

Amago (Planet Xtreme) or Grange (Victorville) offer better tracks and a dirt section is available.

I'd like to see:

49cc Kids classes

88cc Kids classes

49cc Adult classes

88cc Adult classes

And some 110 stuff............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
filthyboatguy said:
[quote name='Leroy'][quote name='filthyboatguy']Cool. Very interested!

I will need input on what classes you all would like to have to make this event successful. We will be having the first race of the season in early March! Spread the word to all your friends :D[/quote]

Looking at the Rialto track on a pocketbikeplanet.com video, I think the track looks pretty weak, like a parking lot w/cones. Where is it anyway?

[/quote]

It's a kart track with the center paved. Once we set up a great track with all the jumps and technical sections etc.. it will rock! Here's a picture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cooter said:
88 supperstock class? thats what i race dirt in but i wana try some motard action...looks pretty fun! as long as there are nice ramps....

The ramps alone will be worth racing in this league! It looks like we will be having a superstock 88 class too.

braaaap said:
Sounds cool man Ill make it out for sure. I forgot USSRL was against ramps. That money thing sounds cool. I like your ideas.

I think winning a little $$$ will be the best prize! You can support your entry fees and gas! Don't forget, the more people the show up to race the bigger the payout :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Where did you guys get your insurance through? If you guys can pull off wooden ramps I need that company to cover me.

My insurance wouldnt touch that with a 10ft pole as any injury would not be covered leaving the racer out of luck if injured and filing a claim. Meaning if you get hurt and the coverage does not cover the ramps your SOL. Leaving you the only option of sueing the race promoter that will go bankrupt.

I dont want your racing organization to loose business over this post. But I also dont want to see some of the racers injured and loose intrest in the sport due to risks that could be avoided.

Remember you can always ask to see if the company is carrying a policy and for how much. It should specify wut the policy is for and with wut obsticles.

Later RoTTeN

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
i would rather just sign my life away when i get to the track.....if you go to race motorcycles and think that the track should be 100% injury free....your crazy. you should already know you have a good chance of falling and hurting yourself.....if your insurance covers it....sweet, if it doesnt ill sign my life away... ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AtomRoTTeN said:
Where did you guys get your insurance through? If you guys can pull off wooden ramps I need that company to cover me.

My insurance wouldnt touch that with a 10ft pole as any injury would not be covered leaving the racer out of luck if injured and filing a claim. Meaning if you get hurt and the coverage does not cover the ramps your SOL. Leaving you the only option of sueing the race promoter that will go bankrupt.

I dont want your racing organization to loose business over this post. But I also dont want to see some of the racers injured and loose intrest in the sport due to risks that could be avoided.

Remember you can always ask to see if the company is carrying a policy and for how much. It should specify wut the policy is for and with wut obsticles.

Later RoTTeN

Hi RoTTeN,

Actually our ramps will not be wood even though I said that above. They may be skinned in wood. The insurance is covered by the track that includes all ramps. We will still have our own insurance. Our ramps will be custom made ramps designed by reputable professionals in the mini industry. They will be the safest ramps around. As you know with any type racing it's not when did you crash, it's how many times did you crash. I do appreciate your concerns for the industry. The SCRA will also require racers to sign a release of liability waiver in order to race in our league. It's a race at your own risk situation.

Go to www.socal-racing.com for all info

·
Registered
269 Posts
For your own organization I hope you make sure that your ramps qualify for insurance. Being that I put on some of the biggest races for minis around ramps dont make it in the insurance unless it is for a controled demo. This meaning a show that is coriagraphed.

For yourself I would truly check to see if you really are covered. It doesnt matter if the ramp company is reputable. Its a matter of safety. Dirt is forgiving. Asphualt isnt. Also to truely pass insurance you will have to show how you are to anchor the system so it doesnt move.

If you need any help be sure to hit me up I might be able to help you out.

Later RoTTeN

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
"Dirt is forgiving. Asphualt isnt"

atom explain this to me please...:lol:

yea atom is a great guy, beside he doesnt return messages or email for squat, he could give you some handy advice on what to look for in the development of this league.

·
Registered
269 Posts
LOL PIMP my Mang yes I know you would sign your life away as you are truely ROTTEN! But the reason insurance was invented was due to most people making the claim and when they end up with total peralysis or death its a different story!

Later RoTTeN

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.