PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think its a S65 head but would like to hear from the pros!

Do you have a battery latch by any chance? if so,you could add the latch with the head.Just tell me your price.

Bert

·
Registered
701 Posts
No I don't,but in the repair manual,they said,56 mph and 200 mpg...Thats not bad!

Bert
It would take about 3 miles of flat ground, a tailwind and maybe a 75lb rider to reach that speed. :p
Give it a go. Im sure you'll still have fun and thats all that matters. :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The need for (more) speed may very well hit you at some point. But if you love your stocker, and your satisfied riding it at whatever speed it will go, you can not go wrong keeping a nice original, nice and original. If you decide you need to go like lightning, all you really need is a frame, some dollars and a plan. If you want to take it to 70mph, the frame is about all that will make the cut.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks like one to me it has the same flat surface on the edge of the combustion chamber. Here is the picture of mine and the box - any other pic's of mine just ask. As to power it is what it is. Pretty much like a CL70,SL/XL 70 etc and after all "From Mighty to Mini Honda has it all" was their sales slogan- if 65 isn't enough they had others

100_1894_zpsl8nhyo0v.jpg 100_1895_zpslptranur.jpg

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks Gary s. Are you interested in selling yours? It looks very nice. It won't hurt my feeling at all if Bert wants to make you a offer. I'm really not itchin to get rid of mine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not at this time kirrbby,I always thought I'd get it machined so I could use it on a 70.
Bert96 you'll have to check and see if 65 and 70 valve sizes are the same or use the same part number---- Ok I just looked the valves up- intakes are the same,exhausts use different part numbers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah,thats what I did finally.I bought the valves,springs and the rocker arms separately,its more expensive that way but could not find a kit for the S65.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
モンキ;2202665 said:
It would take about 3 miles of flat ground, a tailwind and maybe a 75lb rider to reach that speed. :p
Give it a go. Im sure you'll still have fun and thats all that matters. :)
The optimistic honda tacho will help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what do you guys use to hold the battery in place? is there a reproduction parts i could buy somewhere?
I don't have the battery latch and the rubber strap that go around the battery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to ask so much questions but....

I want to replace the rectifier,someone have ever done this mod?
I would like to make this mod by myself instead of buying one.They ask 35-60$ for it!

Bert

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry to ask so much questions but....

I want to replace the rectifier,someone have ever done this mod?
I would like to make this mod by myself instead of buying one.They ask 35-60$ for it!

Bert
Google "honda radio shack rectifier mod".

Cost you less than 10 bucks.
Ive done this on many Hondas. 6v and 12v.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whats wrong with the S65 cam? All these cams fit like Honda engines,the S65 being the first use of that engine. What you need to find out is that cam an improvement or is it a lesser cam then the original. Here are the only specs I have seen of a S65 cam-

honda scan 2.jpg

41 - 60 of 69 Posts