PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do you guys think of the inline oil filter by Aeroflow(i can't post a link)

I don't like the idea of removing the clutch cover each time i want to change the screen.It would not be that hard to intall because of the oil lines already in place...

your thought....please

bert

·
Registered
123 Posts
If your only buying the head you'll be out of luck- a S65 uses it's own head.Let me see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry for the bad pic- See on the 70 head to cylinder in this pic just above the valve is a bevel

003-1.jpg

Here is a s65 head no bevel

004-3.jpg

Here are a 70 piston on the left 65 on the right - the piston pin here is pushed thru both so you can see the 65 protrudes into the head compared to the 70. Don't see why you could not use a complete 70 or big bore setup with a new head but you would have to drill and tap the carburetor oil line

008-2.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't want a bigger motor.I like it the way it is.If i want to go faster i'll take my other bike....cb750 1974,now 836cc!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I think I may have a nos s65 head at home. I'm unfamiliar with the S65 but I could post up some pics, if you can confirm it is correct. I bought it thinking it was for a CT70 or similar.
Anyway, it's a bare head casting, new old stock without packaging. I think I paid 80-$100. I'd like to see it go to a proper bike.
I'd be happy with $80 shipped to the lower 48.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes!!
Check if its a s65 head please.
And if you could check shipping cost with USPS,my postal code Is J0J 2G0.
Thanks!
Bert

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Looks like you're in Quebec, Canada?

I should be able to get some pics posted after work this eve. Hopefully someone can identify it for us...I can't.
Between the combustion chamber, ports, and the stamp in the casting... Pretty sure its the one tho.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes i'm in Québec.
On another subject.I can't find anywhere new lenses for my turn signals,so,I was thinking of making them.I found the Smooth-on company.Anyone ever tried this at home?
Bert

·
Registered
23 Posts
At first sight,the head is ok mechanically,but cosmetically, the head is beat up.I don't know what they did.I'm really picky,and want to rebuild it like it was in 1965...
Bert

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think I may have a nos s65 head at home. I'm unfamiliar with the S65 but I could post up some pics, if you can confirm it is correct. I bought it thinking it was for a CT70 or similar.
Anyway, it's a bare head casting, new old stock without packaging.
Post up some pictures kirrbby I can compare it to the one I have shown in the pictures above,only difference is I have the original box,paid about the same.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The stamping is kinda hard to read but it looks like E6 7
The intake port is about 22mm
The combustion chamber is about 44mm
I don't see any real problems other than the fuzzy casting for the stamp. Looks like shipping to Canada will be $35-40 for first class or priority. I'll get a more definite price after it's packaged. Let's say $70 US, plus actual shipping for this part.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 69 Posts