PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really know much about the bike, i found it on clist last night and picked it up for $150. Mostly Complete except the fender. Engine turns over. Excited for this new project. I think this is a bike my wife might actually drive around if i get it cleaned up.

Not sure what year it is and it has no title(that will be fun)

Hope you guys enjoy. Any tips would be appeciated.

parts on the way:

Batery
Coil
carb rebuild kit
fuel petcock
Tires/tubes
Air filter
Spark Plug

I'd like to get it running then I'll get it looking nice and pretty.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
s65, that is an oldie. I have a book from 1967 (Honda Motor Cycles by Graham Forsdyke) which states that the s65 was introduced in 1964.
quote: The s65 was introduced because the 50cc bikes were not allowed on the britisch motorways. It was alos the first "50" with ohc instead of pushrods.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Back in the early 70's I had one,still have the engine which now lives in ct cases, serial # S65E 112803. They and the s50 were the first of their ohc horizontal engines. Sometimes you can find the official Honda shop manual on ebay, IMOH one of the best ever manuals for any little Honda. The engine is very similar to the 50's and 70's but with a few detail differences,different cylinder head with piston to match,oil pump that has an oil jet to add extra oil to the primary gears and an oil feed to warm the carb. Early models were recalled to change gear box due to weak gears,which mine above had done. They put out somewhere near 6.25 hp at an incredible if I remember right 9K rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys. Ive since torn apart the bike and have been collecting all the parts I need to get things thing looking great again. Somehow along the way I picked up a project S90..

Anyway here is a video of my latest progress. Thanks for watching!

youtube.com/watch?v=hAE1urpkL98

Sorry I couldnt properly link the video, you have to copy/paste. My post count isnt high enough to post a link aparently, but it let me do it my first post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
モンキ;2160826 said:
Great bikes.
I have an ongoing project with a 1965 s65.
Probably the funnest bike I've ever had.
Im currently working on a front end swap with disc brake.

View attachment 200658
Nice i didnt notice the Piranha engine swap at first! Looks great. Im trying to keep the s65 original, but im putting a piranha in my S90 project. What kind of shocks are those?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Nice i didnt notice the Piranha engine swap at first! Looks great. Im trying to keep the s65 original, but im putting a piranha in my S90 project. What kind of shocks are those?
Thanks.
I bought the shocks in Japan from a shop that no longer exists.
Ive had them a few years and have forgotten the maker. The OEM shocks are SO soft and springy that I had to get something firmer like these.

Post a thread for the s90 project too. Id love to see how it goes. :)

If you need any OEM s65 parts I have some Im selling. Let me know what you might need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
モンキ;2168025 said:
If you need any OEM s65 parts I have some Im selling. Let me know what you might need.
I think the only part I am missing is the front fender, do you have one of those?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I know its not a new thread but a have few questions about the S65.I also bought this bike,its a 65'.
I would like to know if there is interchangeable parts with other mini honda. I'm having hard time to find a rebuild front fork kit.There is a lot of kit for other mini but never for the S65

I need an ignition switch and the fork lock....again the same problem,is there another one that could fit?
Where could i buy all the rubber things,beside ebay?
I would like to buy a motor rebuild kit(cylinder,head,piston)
Which one is the best?

My S65 is blue with the fuel tank off white,anyone have ever saw this color combination before?
Its seem to be the stock color.

Thanks

Bert

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi,

I know its not a new thread but a have few questions about the S65.I also bought this bike,its a 65'.
I would like to know if there is interchangeable parts with other mini honda. I'm having hard time to find a rebuild front fork kit.There is a lot of kit for other mini but never for the S65

I need an ignition switch and the fork lock....again the same problem,is there another one that could fit?
Where could i buy all the rubber things,beside ebay?
I would like to buy a motor rebuild kit(cylinder,head,piston)
Which one is the best?

My S65 is blue with the fuel tank off white,anyone have ever saw this color combination before?
Its seem to be the stock color.

Thanks

Bert
Some of the fork bushings from a c70 will work. Some parts are going to be harder to get. I had someone 3D print some of them. This is one of the reasons I went with a fork swap on my s65 so i didn't have to search for hard to find parts only to end up with a crap front brake and very little suspension.

The ct70 ignition switch works perfect. I have one on my s65.

Not sure on your other questions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Honda Identification Book says they were sold here in the US from 1965 to 1969 and came in White,Black,and Scarlet Red

·
Registered
23 Posts
For the US maybe,but i'm from Canada.All the US model that i saw don't have turn signals also,but i have turn signals on mine.It's pretty tough to find new turn signal lens.

Bert

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive always liked these bigger Honda bikes. Too bad they didnt sell them in Northern Europe and only chinese clone has been the skyteam ace. But now there are these cafe racer 50cc bikes that could go on the category:

They sell them at different names.

I mean swapping the engine is quite a bolt-on, right? but how about suspension, forks and brake improvements since this is not a straight copy of anything? Everything has to be custom made or do those chinese use some kind of standard measurement for example for the rear shocks? Seems to me that it would be the first place to start modding.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts