PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, last summer I sold my knock off XR50. I miss it, but with all the knock offs out there now, I want to do something different. I pulled my old Z50 Hardtail out of the shed and cleaned it up a little bit. I need to get this thing running right.

Anyway, I went over it today and it needs some things. First off, I just want it as a general beater/ wheelie bike. It needs to be a project on the cheap. My goal is to have a fun little cruiser for $200 or less.

When I went over it, I realized that it needs a few things. If you have any idea where I can get any of the stuff below either used or for a good price, let me know. Here's what I know that I need as of now:

Exhaust. I don't have anything, and I cant run the motor without it. I don't wanna suck a valve or something.

Fork Bushings.

Rear Brake linkage.

Either new piston rings or a high compression piston (11:1 maybe?) BTW If I run an 11:1 piston will I need race gas?

That will get me started, but once it runs decent I will need a bar clamp for these z50 forks. Does anybody make these or should I look for a triple tree off a newer bike? I thought some of the Zs had a clamp style triple.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use jeff tuttobenes, minigunz exhaust. its great, you can get bronze bushings for the front suspenstion, i have a 88 kit with a powroll stroker bringing it to 106, the compression is way over 11 and it runs on pump premium ok....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.