PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkinDonor said:
that frame brace is a great idea heck I'am sure it matches the strengh of a chromoly frame . but what about the weight ?

Hey is this Etreme doing this or some of you guys tricking the Extremr after it gets here

no doubt!

i bet it handles likea tank w/12 and 3'' longer steel frame.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dhanson96 said:
I thought the frame was only 1 inch longer but it had a +2" swingarm. I does look bigger than an inch larger than stock.

[HERES WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. Well as fortune may have it, our gurus over at MotoXtreme Derek and Jason Owens have done it again! They managed to get one of the new CR2 Frames from Xtreme. The frame is approximately 3" longer than than the CR107 and an inch taller with a re-inforced backbone made of square tubing. The extra length is in the backbone. The frame also has a detatchable rear sub frame that bolts right on. The wiring harness is shortened up and all the electrical components are tucked neatly under the seat as well as the battery. All the stock components from the 107 can be used on the new new frame with very minor modifications. The frame has been really beefed up in several spots including the swing arm pivot mount. The stock 107 swingarm is used but the holes need to be drilled out to accomodate for a bigger bolt. This will eliminate any egg shaping of the swing arm holes in the frame. Thats not all! They also got a set of 12" wheels already spoked up and ready to go from Xtreme. This is still the rear drum set up but very sweet. I had the honor of seeing these fine items the other day and I was overwhelmed needless to say. They now have the bike completed and it is trick. They have powdercoated over 1/2 of the bike and done some really trick stuff with it. Now heres where it gets a little frustrating, (for me anyway) The frame kit will be available for the public very soon. I cant give a deffinate time of arrival but we were told about 6-8 weeks. Same with the 12" wheels. The cost of the frame kit and wheels are not yet determined, BUT If you're like me, price is no object for this new advancement. MotoXtreme are the ONLY ones that will be able to get these in the time frame I mentioned and are the ONLY ones who know what minor mods will need to be done for the switchover so.......They have ordered a limited number of the frame kits and will be selling them 1st come first served, so If you want to get one and the set of wheels you need to contact Derek Or Jason at 918-251-MOTO or visit thier website to reserve yours now. I have the first one reserved for myself so hurry, there are only going to be a very limited amount avail. right now. June or july is the "projected official" release date for this stuff. Happy trails to you all.

One Tank Slappin Mo-Fo

M. Lawrence #11 Pit Pro

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Its kind of sad to see things coming to this, everyone trying to make a few bucks and come out with this "amazing" pit bike so they can mass produce it :roll:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.