PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The base started as a 2003 XR50 engine. All that is really left of that is cases, bolts, oil pump sprocket, and one shaft. The cases were bored to 56.9mm and the build began. It harnesses a Kitaco 124SE, Takegawa 3 speed transmission with manual clutch, Takegawa Magnetic Inner Rotor Ignition, AHP Minis Ignition cover, Sik50s engine dress up kit, Takegawa oil cooler adapter that will run oil cooler off the clutch, Ultra Oil Pump, did a little port cleaning, ported out the intake manifold which will connect a 24mm Keihin carburetor, I decided to run the Takegawa Billet Oil Cooler, I still have to get valve caps, and with some discussion with my dad about his XR750s we found a way to run the motor with negative crankcase pressure.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I wonder how it'd look with the whole motor the same color as the cylinder except the flywheel cover and clutch cover.

I can't wait to see how good this bike is going to look. Also try to get that thing dyno'd so we could see some HP ratings on that beast. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sorry I cannot. I may in the future, but as of now I want to test it. I have not heard of anyone else doing it yet (on a 50) and I know it is a 2-3 hp increase on his XR's. After I get it setup on the bike and see how it works I will release the info...maybe :lol:

To the pipe. I was looking into that also. I agree with the BBR Perimeter pipe not being the greatest. I know Two Bros makes great pipes. I was looking into Ti Force but they said there was NO chance they will make one for the Perimeter. I have to do something with my pipe anyways because mine has a large dent right off the header (sucks). Happened from hitting a large limestone rock in the middle of the track. YES I DID HAVE A SKID PLATE ON! It doesn't cover that part.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Very nice JL .... U better have a nice gripper seat on that thing , or your gonna spend alot of time with your ass slidin across the rear fender ! 8)

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.