PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new owner of a 2004 NSR50, purchased from a fellow PM member, 2mini50's.

I've got a ton of questions about these bikes, but I'll start with the basics of maintenance.

1) What kind of oil goes in the crankcase and how much of it?

2) What ratio does the fuel/2-stroke oil get mixed at? Is it 40:1 like gas powered trimmers? What is the best 2-stroke oil?

3) Anywhere I can get an online service manual?

4) And finally, where can I get a decent set of rearview mirrors?

That should do it for now. Thanks a ton to anyone who contributes. Love this little bike already. It's a blast to ride, makes good power in stock form and handles awesome!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Branyers said:
Proud new owner of a 2004 NSR50, purchased from a fellow PM member, 2mini50's.

I've got a ton of questions about these bikes, but I'll start with the basics of maintenance.

1) What kind of oil goes in the crankcase and how much of it?

2) What ratio does the fuel/2-stroke oil get mixed at? Is it 40:1 like gas powered trimmers? What is the best 2-stroke oil?

3) Anywhere I can get an online service manual?

4) And finally, where can I get a decent set of rearview mirrors?

That should do it for now. Thanks a ton to anyone who contributes. Love this little bike already. It's a blast to ride, makes good power in stock form and handles awesome!

Gear Oil = The service manual recommends Honda 4t oil (4-stroke). I use Motul 10w-40 and fill the cases w/ 800cc's .....when just doing an oil change

Premix: Off the floor, the NSR is tuned to 50:1 ratio w/ 110 main. I know others had changed their premix ratio to 44 or 40:1. However, I do not know what jet size was used to off-set the ratio. Additionally, I do not recall the how many turns out the air/fuel screw is typically set to. Hopefully someone can answer this, as a base setting or PM the previous owner and inquire what ratio he used.

Service Manual: not sure. Hopefully someone who has downloaded one in pdf format can share.

Mirrors: I purchased mine off ebay some years ago. They are generic mirrors made in China. Although I don't know if they are still manufactured as I have not been able to find the exact mirrors listed.

Hope this helps =)

ps, I PM'd you a reply.

Daren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts