PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself a used motoped pro with the lifan 125cc 4-up motor. I am registering it here in MA as a moped, which means 49cc/30mph max. I will most likely end up buying or trading for the 49cc/auto motor to be legal. But for now, I was wondering if there is any way to get this motor to either automatic or semi-auto? I am not as worried about the 'law' noticing the size, so much as noticing the shifter and clutch lever on it, which would be a dead giveaway.

Oh - yeah, and anyone want to trade for the 49cc motor near-ish boston?

·
Registered
32 Posts
no, I'm in Ca. and have mine registered as a moped and it was done without any inspection whatsoever, I also have the Lifan 125cc 4 up and love it and was contemplating the legal direction but truth be told, nobody cares. I've been pulled over twice by cops just to check it out. they never asked engine size but were surprised to see me at 45mph, THAT THING REALLY SCOOTS lol, pretty cool looking, etc... keep what you got and enjoy it. 55e5299e-4c3a-44cf-bc9e-72ee7a0528d3.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, I'm in Ca. and have mine registered as a moped and it was done without any inspection whatsoever, I also have the Lifan 125cc 4 up and love it and was contemplating the legal direction but truth be told, nobody cares. I've been pulled over twice by cops just to check it out. they never asked engine size but were surprised to see me at 45mph, THAT THING REALLY SCOOTS lol, pretty cool looking, etc... keep what you got and enjoy it. View attachment 176508
Well, thats good news. In boston, generally Boston PD could care less about just about anything short of murder, but I have actually heard of meter maids asking people around if X bike looks like its under 50cc to them. I've had plenty of traffic troubles with the law in the past, so I am looking to keep those days behind me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if your in MA then check with piratecycles ..
they have built several motopeds and would be more familiar with your local laws, enforcement, etc..
may even have a motor to sell you??

Pirate Cycles
https://www.facebook.com/piratecycles

Well, thats good news. In boston, generally Boston PD could care less about just about anything short of murder, but I have actually heard of meter maids asking people around if X bike looks like its under 50cc to them. I've had plenty of traffic troubles with the law in the past, so I am looking to keep those days behind me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts