PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and new to pit bikes. My friend and I race a vintage car and I’m looking to get a vintage pit bike for some of the larger tracks to get around.

Since I’m new to this scene I decided to join so I can learn and figure out which one would be best.

Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I’ve settled on a Honda CT70. I like how they look and they seem upgradeable. I then had the idea of restoring one with my nephew. I think it would be a perfect project for him and I.

Budget-wise I’d like to pick up the project for somewhere in the $500 a $700 range.

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Excellent choice IMO. What's great about the old mini trails is that they draw attention, same as old muscle cars. CT70 are also a great choice because you can buy anything you want when you build them. But they're not cheap. I'd go up to 800 on your range. Start with a decent and complete bike...it'll be well worth the investment. That is unless you plan to go all out with the modifications.
You'll get all the help and advice you can stand here in the forums.

If you see the RIGHT bike come up for sale in your area, GO! Don't dilly-dally or you'll be sure to miss it...by a smidge. CT's are popular.

What IS your area??

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I live in southeastern Wisconsin.

I've seen a few decent CT70's for sale but they were a little too far for me to drive and pick-up. If they were closer I'd probably already have one.

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
1,587 Posts
CT70s are called out by model...not by year. K0-K1-K2 up to K4. Then, in 1976 they start being called out by year.

The K0s have crappy springs for front shocks. K1 and up have better, hydraulic front forks.
That is a very significant change.
K0s were made in 69-70 and 71.
K1s started sometime in 71.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.