PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone new to the forum been looking searching for a few weeks now.. just picked up a 2013 KLX 110L about a week ago. this is going to be my 1st mini bike build plan on racing 12” stock for now. my brothers and i are going to try it out we race 250a/b right now all 3 of us have 2007/08 RM250’s (2stroke), There has been alot of movement here in florida for mini bikes and indoor tracks.. enough talk here it is..

everything ive done so far

2013 klx110L
protaper tall bars xr50 bend
engine cradle mount
graphics
big gun evo (still waiting on that to be shipped)
dunlop mx53 tires
tb kevlar clutch with hd springs
tb all extended clutch/brake and throttle cable

only ridden the bike a total of maybe 2 hours and popped 3 tubes so far.. so i did the tennis balls in the rear tire thing to try it out and see how it works out

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Not sure what you are doing suspension wise, but the dnm shock for the L brings the rear down some so you don't feel like you are riding atop a trash can. Good looking bike!

I haven't tried tennis balls, but you definitely need a rimlock on the rear if you are using tubes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
X2 on the rim lock. Also good choice on the XR bars, the 110 bars are terribly disproportionate.
See that Ktm in the background? You need it’s front end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what you are doing suspension wise, but the dnm shock for the L brings the rear down some so you don't feel like you are riding atop a trash can. Good looking bike!

I haven't tried tennis balls, but you definitely need a rimlock on the rear if you are using tubes.
i couldnt get a rim lock in with all 17balls, i would have to remove 1 and install the rim lock back in but i heard if i do that it will feel like it has a flat spot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
X2 on the rim lock. Also good choice on the XR bars, the 110 bars are terribly disproportionate.
See that Ktm in the background? You need it’s front end.
lmfao!! cant do that my son will kill me thats his 2015 ktm50sx senior pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome build! Did you have to get longer cables to run the bars?
yea i thought i didnt have to, so i didnt order them from the jump. installed the bars the brake and clutch were too short, the throttle i was actually able to flip down and it worked i also had to relocate the electric start switch/on off down on the bottom by the bar clamp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

not sure if lowering the rear is a good idea or not.. im a big boy if anything i might need to go with a bbr swing arm and elka longer shock with hd fork springs im 6”4 255lbs

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
With the stock swingarm it doesn't have enough wheelbase for that ride height. That's what gives you that feeling I was referring to. A swingarm would definitely benefit you. Springs in forks as well, and with your size I would do damping rods too. Probably 15wt oil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the stock swingarm it doesn't have enough wheelbase for that ride height. That's what gives you that feeling I was referring to. A swingarm would definitely benefit you. Springs in forks as well, and with your size I would do damping rods too. Probably 15wt oil
hell yea dude thanks for the input ima look into it, i already ordered the fork hd springs and the 15wt fork oil!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts