PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kitaco's 88se,108se,117se, have now have stepped up. everyone knows about the awesome Kitaco 117se kit, and just released was the Kitaco 124se! its gonna rip! Same awesome features as all of Kitaco SE series bore up kits. Sik50s is taking orders for them, and can be at your house in 5 business days!

wow, do i hear the name cyclerider57 and mike224???

dont be left behind.

available at Sik50s along with all other Kitaco product

Cam McLean

(805) 278-7200

www.sik50s.com

-PlanetMini paid advertiser-

G

·
I may have to look into that :) . Thanks for the post :wink: . I may be glad I didn't get a 117 after all :twisted: .

EDIT: Same head as 117 and 88? Is it same stroke as 117 with bigger bore? Price for kit? Carb? Specs? CHOP CHOP :lol:

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The 124 has a different crank. It's the same price to upgrade from the 88SE, as the 117SE, and Classic is selling the upgrade kit for $900.

How much is the entire 124cc kit starting from scratch?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Supposedly, the 117SE puts down 16-17 HP

The 124 will only put down maybe 1 HP more.

You can't get into the 20+ HP range until you get into at least 140cc's and have a dependablee motor. The most I've ever seen on a motor that fits into an XR50 frame is a Honda NICE derived 160+cc monster, and it only put down 24 HP.

We are only talking 7cc's here, same head, same overall engine design.

This is my best estimate based upon the properly built motor combination, with correct carb, off the crank clutch, proper pipe, and aftermarket ignition system. In other words, about $3500 plus or minus $500 worth of parts.

Sounds like a killer combination that will win some races in the open class.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well, what is the price difference between the two? 8O

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cam, is the outside diameter of the sleeve that fits to the cases the same as the 117? Just wanting to know if I have to do anymore machine work to a set of cases I have already set up for 54mm bore.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
HAHAH NO I THREW YOUR A** OUT AT FIRST BASE.

GO SIT ON THE BENCH. :D

oh ok...i was just wondering because ppl usually dont bump a informational thread.....usually the classifieds. but i see where your going with it...

cam has been M.I.A.

must be with his new g/f....

........his fiddy

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i heard all about that controvercial 50 mounting...he needs help

G

·
Classic Honda has the kit on their site now.

Here are their words...

"New Kitaco 124cc SE Bore kit. This is one BAD BOY!, 124cc of pure power. Complete top end bore kit to turn your 50 into a MONSTER."

With price tag of $1858.00

:twisted:

G

·
camMCLEAN said:
Kitaco's 88se,108se,117se, have now have stepped up. everyone knows about the awesome Kitaco 117se kit, and just released was the Kitaco 124se! its gonna rip! Same awesome features as all of Kitaco SE series bore up kits. Sik50s is taking orders for them, and can be at your house in 5 business days!

wow, do i hear the name cyclerider57

MUHAHAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.