PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Takewaga airfilter and at the side of it it has a little pipe coming out of it to let water run out when u take the little cap off. But what I'm thinking about doin is running the hose for my tappet valve breather kit (when i get it lol) to this little pipe in the side of the air filter, then I don't need an airfilter for the acual hose. Anyone think this will work?

heres the link to a pic of what i am talking about...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p1acc2d0304994fcfc2c971a5f9538ed8/fa8da91a.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
That wont work because your carb draws too much vacuum, it would suck oil mist out of the valve cover. Better to just vent to air.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if I get what you are saying.......the result of such action would be the air filter sucking oil into the intake, correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt that create more problems than anything.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Clearly it wouldn't suck oil in if it woudln't suck that water in that is supposed to run out, if you get my drift, I have a hrad time explaining it.

all I did for my filter was use the old stock filter. I cut a small piece and enclosed the end of my hose. ANd then you know how you have the two little hoses off the stock air box and the orange hose has a little clamp on it holding the plug in the end? well I took that and slipped it over the the valve vent hose so that it clamps the piece of the stock filter over the end.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
leving it open really wont matter eather since there is no air being pulled in it just realives psi from the motor that is why there is a vent tube coming from the back of the motor by the shock that does the same thing and there is nothing at the end of it

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do NOT connect your breather hose to the filter! The first time your bike gets upside down any, oil will come out your head, through the hose and into your filter. That is B-A-D. Most people dont realize oil comes out the hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
That nipple on your air cleaner is for an emissions hose your bike doesn't need. Remember, all these takegawa and Kitaco parts are designed for the Honda Monkey in Japan, not the XR50 and CRF50, it just so happens they work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.