PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my names Blake I’m from sc and I got a 2017 razkull 125 I’m riding and it’s fun as hell. Joined this forum/site in hopes to educate myself and learn as much as possible. So far the only mods done to my bike is an upgraded nibbi 26mm carb, intake and filter, 15t sprocket, aftermarket exhaust and I run 93 octane only. I been looking into the big bore kits and would like to know which kit is best and or where to order it from. I seen a 141 kit with high compression piston and race cam from one aite but want to make sure it’ll work on my ssr125 before I order it, I got a buddy who owns a machine shop so he’ll do the head work for me but what about aftermarket valves and valve springs? Also what can would work best for this bike. My bike is a daily driver I ride everyday and it’s half city half highway on my rides … thanks in advance for your help and support
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

· Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! First tip, don't waste your money on high octane gas; stock, these motors don't need it, they're relatively low compression and performance, the only difference it will make is how much you spend at the pump.

If you're asking what exhaust works best, while there aren't a lot of SSR people on here, you could get a pretty good idea from others' 125 builds around here, I'm pretty sure your engine is either a YX or Lifan 125.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Just an FYI, these use a proprietary engine so its not a standard honda based motor(like lifan, yx, or zongshen). That said I'm not familiar with any mods for that engine in particular, they may exist but I just dont know for certain. I know that there are mounts that can adapt the the honda based motors and it was primarily so people could put the zs190/daytona 190 in them. IMHO thats the best route as there are many parts for those or even a yx140 electric start.

Here is a shot of the motor and you can see the upper mount is much farther forward than typical pitbike engines
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
141 Posts
Measure the head bolt pattern and look around till you find something with that same pattern. That should give you a better idea of what will fit. Other than that, I can't tell if any other type of head will fit your bike but a Lifan jug might fit, and I would look into getting a cam that has better mid-range and top end performance. You may also think about your fuel delivery system. If you start porting the head and putting a big bore kit on your bike, you will need to reprogram the PCM or get a bigger throttle body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts