PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

I'm new here and I've been lurking lately reading a lot of the different threads regarding mods for the KLX110. I'm planning on getting one within the month or so (whenever my shop has a chance to ship it to me) and I'm planning on doing some major mods to it.

The first mods are going to be suspension related. I've been looking at the Red Baron front end suspension kit and was hoping some of you may have some experience with it whether its any good (I used the search feature but I wasn't able to find anything). Secondly, the rear suspension is going to be replaced with the BBR Swingarm and Elka shock. From what I've read it seems like the BBR swingarm setup is a good choice.

The next mods after that I'm interested in doing are putting a hydro clutch on it, putting the 4th gear shift drum in, etc...

Any opinions would be appreciated since I'm new to the whole Mini/Midsize scene.

Also the different sites I've been looking at for parts have been BBR, Motosport, Rocky Mountain, and a few others. Any other good mini bike mod parts sites would be appreciated also!

Also, I weigh around 135 and I'm 5'7", are there cheaper alternatives to the front suspension for someone my weight? I still would like to put disc brakes on front and rear though. I know the Red Baron allows you to do this to the front, and BBR has the rear disc brake available.

Thanks,

Mary

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Some one on here said the red baron forks were so so. They felt good but had some slop in them. Keep in mid those were the G1's and everybody says the g2 stuff is worlds better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.