PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,i just bought a 110L and need lots of help! I dont know anyone that has after market bars so i will ask here. I have seen the pro tapers,two bros and red baron on the internet,which ones are the highest? I dont want anything low. Thx

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
pro taper makes the xr50 bend bars that are high. im 6'2" also and they worked good for me, some like the pastrana bends and 110 bends. i got a set of the easton exp tall bars (woods/atv/standup) that i havent been able to try yet, they are slighly taller than the 50 bends (because of the 7/8 to 1 3/8 adapters they come with) and a little wider

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redirt78 said:
pro taper makes the xr50 bend bars that are high. im 6'2" also and they worked good for me, some like the pastrana bends and 110 bends. i got a set of the easton exp tall bars (woods/atv/standup) that i havent been able to try yet, they are slighly taller than the 50 bends (because of the 7/8 to 1 3/8 adapters they come with) and a little wider

Dam those look sick!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
$100 with the adapters that fit into 7/8 mounts, comes with all hardware including torque specs etched on the mounts and the hex head socket for a ratchet and free shipping from motosport.com

you have to enter a bike make and model for it to let you order the kit, so enter 06 ktm65sx because that bike has 7/8 mounts (thats what i entered) they might still have them for sale but its been a couple months

you can go to eastons website to choose which bend/bars you want and just enter the part # when you go to motosport.com to order them

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would recommend getting a top triple clamp also. The BBR one moves the bars forward an inch and up an inch and a half. You'll need a front brake cable too.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don't like the Protaper SE xr50 bars I have on mine.. they seem too tall for me and I'm 6'. Redirt, those eastons are taller than these? that picture makes them look about 2" lower for some reason.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
^.. well, i cant say for sure anymore. i sold my 50 bends and when i measured the height the 50's were on the kx60 frontend i sold. i remember they were very close to the same height (measuring from the stem nut to the grip height) because of the added height of the adapter that converts from 7/8 to 1 3/8.

i dont have much experience in what height i would like, always rode my brothers 250's and friends spare bikes.

this is my first bike i have ever owned and its been a few months since i rode it and i have never ridden with this frontend or bars cause im a broke as$ with too many hobbies and a job that doesnt pay s#it :p so finishing this year and a half long project has been slow to say the least. sucks too cause by the time i get to ride it im sure the temps here will be in the mid 90's.. at least it will be fast enough to get a good breeze blowing through the helmet haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts