PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of have to start the bike in neutral and could really use some more power. I'm looking at get something like a piranha 140 or a 150cc engine . They are close in cost, but I know the 140's are real good engines. Is the 150 proven to be reliable and will I notice a difference in power over a 140?

or Is there something you would recommend instead?

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have the ZHO155 and it kick starts great..(but I do my own work).... It rips with the V2 and 28mm carb. It also has a smooth close ratio trans. I would never own another noodle first gear motor after riding my bike with this engine.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Blackwoodz said:
I have the ZHO155 and it kick starts great..(but I do my own work).... It rips with the V2 and 28mm carb. It also has a smooth close ratio trans. I would never own another noodle first gear motor after riding my bike with this engine.

I'm beginning to think that the problems lies not in the internals but possibley the clutch cover itself. The hole for the starter may be off.Causing it to skip gears.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to keep the cost around $450 with a carb. I think the 155HO is out of my price range.

Thanks Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts