PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
The added duration gives more top end, easier starting, less low speed torque. The stiff springs are a must, or the valve float starts before the good power kicks in. Worthwhile purchase, especially if some head work and compression is planned. TB300 is a good compromise, with a bit shorter duration, more in the middle, less over-rev.

·
Banned
1 Posts
lol... Sorry. I don't have all the combo's listed. Every build is unique, even if it takes a little more time. What are you wanting from the motor? Is it an early 140 with the cast iron cylinder, or later aluminum one? A high compression piston, maybe a size or two over, adds even more torque than the long-stroke 140 already has.

Cylinder head porting helps, as the displacement increases, to allow top-end breathing. Adding 1mm oversize valves, as well.

Feel free to contact me with the specifics, and I can set some thing up for you.

Terry

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Im thinking about it for the near future, do you know how much it would be for shipping If I decided to ship it for you to work on from canada?and the engine is 2 years old if that helps with the cylinder type

·
Banned
1 Posts
kamikaze99 said:
well Im thinking about it for the near future, do you know how much it would be for shipping If I decided to ship it for you to work on from canada?and the engine is 2 years old if that helps with the cylinder type

I think the postage gets silly, even though I'm under an hour South or East to hit Canadian soil. Aboot $100 most of the time, each way. If you can tackle the top-swap, with instruction, it would drop to $25 each direction for jug and head.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you would port + polish the head? Im having trouble on your site and Im wondering how much (ball park estimate) will a cam shaft, head gasket and maybe 160 big bore kit be?

·
Banned
1 Posts
kamikaze99 said:
*sorry 146 bbk, and this race head cam shaft will fit my lifan head?TB Race Camshaft for Race Head

Yep, that's a good all-around cam. Well worth adding, especially if you increse compression and displacement.

Your 140 requires a different piston than what TB offers in their BBK's, but I stock the 15mm wrist pin versions as well.

Porting is a big help, again, when you add displacement, compression and cam.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so this means that the 146 kit wont work straight, but it will work if you swap in one of the 15 mm wrist pin?

·
Banned
1 Posts
If your 140 is the version with an 81mm tall jug, you need a 3mm spacer too.

Valve springs are not included with the TB cam. I stock OE Honda versions that are ideal for the application, for $30/set.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
measure it lengthwise from footgasket to headgasket...

(length in inches is 81/25,4)

(And the camshaftgear has 28 teeth instead of the for the big mills more common 32 teeth)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts