PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Looks like someone lightened that flywheel for ya...AND removed the markings too.
TDC mark should be on when that nub is just around 1" above the trigger sensor. Or, if you remove the nut and washer, so you can see the keyway, in the crank...the keyway should point straight toward the center of the camshaft, when the flywheel mark is at TDC.
Maybe they scratched in a mark for you??

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like someone lightened that flywheel for ya...AND removed the markings too.
TDC mark should be on when that nub is just around 1" above the trigger sensor. Or, if you remove the nut and washer, so you can see the keyway, in the crank...the keyway should point straight toward the center of the camshaft, when the flywheel mark is at TDC.
Maybe they scratched in a mark for you??
Nice man thanks. Yeah it's a pretty pimp bike I just picked up. Had a valve busted in head but hope that about it. It's full Sano build so.... I'm pumped. Found the mark actually with your suggestion thanks.

maybe you could answer what the super small green plastic gasket in the tb gasket set.
Not the one that goes over the post there's just another smaller stepped one also I'm not sure where to put it. Thanks bud

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, lets see this full sano build.
Yeah, lets see this full sano build.
HAHA maybe I house got a little excited, REBUILD i guess.

I suck at cleaning stuff and have basic toolbox and no workbench.

call it a ******* Rebuild.

I just scored it in Washington for a great price hope it does what I want at the end.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm terrible at posting on forums. Sorry bout all the duplicate pics.

had a broken intake valve. So new piston, valve set, gaskets and a tear down reassembly.

putting tapered bearings in hopefully today. I don't have a press.

I need to get front forks redone I think. Any suggestions? They're sano I'm sure andthey need a little help. Can ship. It was a Vegas minis bike in 2012. I'm sure there's someone on here it came from.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I stay with .003 gap on tappets still or more like .004? Pretty sure it's a stroker crank in there. Not positive tho.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need a chain guide too. If anyone has a sano one. But might have to get BBR

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Sweet bike! Looks like THIS is who rode that bike. Placed 10th in 10" Amateur in 2012.

As for suspension. Supposedly Racetech services the forks and has oil seals, but does not have any hard parts for the internals. I have those forks and I love them. I also remember seeing a post by user "baconaddict" about him finding fork seals for the older bombshells. Not sure if they are the same, but they came from an older gasgas.

The chain guide will be a long hunt, but they pop up a couple times a year.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
When you pullled the head off and cylinder and popped the piston off what does the crank look like if it's polished its most likely a 51mm crank. Take a photo and I'll most likely be able to tell you. Is it an 52mm piston or 54? If I were you I'd just scoop New V2 head from TB and thrown that on there with a new jug and piston and that bike would be a monster. You would have one heck of a 108 or 117 if it has a crank in it. 108s are more snappy just go with smaller carb if you don't like the power dilevery the 114 just has gobs of power for a 10 inch wheel bit smoother power delivery just my O2.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts