PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 110 Build - Pics Too *VIDEO TOO NOW*

Well as some of you may know im in the process of building a nasty 110 bike to give the 50 some company in the garage. If you didnt, now you do ;) . i will be be updateing this thread as the bike build makes progress. I hope to have this done by this weekend but i think the shock and rear brake setup is going to hold me back from that.

Bike was bought brand new April 2006. Got rode hard all day 4th of July, kicked my ass once at starwest (literally with that stock suspension, ouch), and then shacked up since. Tore it all down middle of April about one year later. Today, 05/28/07, i was able to complete the motor build.

Nothing special by any means, but definitely a top shelf motor. I dont like to go the cheap route when building motors, thats just how i am and will always be. Hate somewhere else. Anyways, ill start with the bottom end.

I decided to get the full benefit of the transmission having 4 gears, so of course i slapped in a BBR 4 speed shift drum backed up with CHP's neutral kill switch. Along with that was BBR's output shaft and 1st gear combo to beef up the tranny some. For the clutch i went with the Takegawa 6 disc clutch with primary gear and their cable clutch setup. These two things pretty much replaced all of the stock clutch components. For the Crank i went with the Pit Boss 55mm. Stock flywheel setup was fine for supermoto and dirt riding so i left that alone, althought the ignition box is a tokyo mods. Two Bros Oil Cooler Kit to keep the motor happy. The top end was of course the 138+R wih the S20 Cam. Carb setup will be a Mikuni VM26. Pipe is a CHP black tip. I think thats about it.

I wasn't thinking about taking the install pics until i was done, lol. But here are some quick snap shots of the finished motor.

I will have it in the bike and forks mounted up tomorrow night. Thats all for now. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
dang, you were in your garage for a long time today.

i drove by one time and it looked like you were working on a 110 motor. i even said to my mom, "hes working on his 110." and she was like, "i dont care."

i shoulda come over, i thought you were just working on other peoples engines, dang

dang that tak clutch cover looks niiiiiiice.....

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front will be Zokes and the Rear will be a two bros long travel arm (original style) with the Elka 14.2" Elite series shock.

i was working all day for sure. Like a dummy i mushroomed the end of the crank after half of it was pressed in to the case. I had to cut the end off and just roll with it. Whoooooops :D

I also took my sweet ass time. made sure everything was perfect. Went through about 4 cans of brake cleaner too.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
p3racer said:
dude wipe the drool off of the clutch cover. Did you do any head work?

I'll have to send u one of my billet oil fill caps.

haha..i couldnt help myself....your lucky there isnt any.....nevermind. :D

no head work yet.....keeping it totally off the shelf and then going to do a comparison later down the road. Going to get complete dyno sheets for it too.

send one of them thangs! black!

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.